Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I disagree with some of hallamblue's point (I think it's possible even the -1b teams might eventually [2026 and up] show a profit for the owners as those are clubs that could, with inflation both real and football, climb to massive valuations) I do think he has a valid point that prices and wages will inflate and reduce a lot of the recent gains for the chasing pack.

Yes there are rules to prevent massive spending but they can still raise the level of the water to the same level it was before.

That said clubs have a choice. If they choose not to compete with the mega-rich clubs ("competing" would include things like not selling players who put in transfer requests) then they can use their money more effectively and leverage it against the European teams they are now much richer than.

AFAIK in these situations 100% of the time teams start spending their new cash. There have been A LOT of mega TV deals in US and UK sports and they all end up inflating costs massively. It's part of the reason US leagues have been so keen to adopt salary caps -- they knew they couldn't trust themselves not to spend the money and drive up each other's costs. The NHL owners even admitted this out loud when they forced through a cap on players.

To a large extent (European knock out comps aside) it doesn't matter how good we are it only matters how good we are compared with the top 4 in the Prem.

They still have their trump card left to play. The likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Bale, Neymar etc. all play in Spain. I'm not saying they'll buy them specifically but I don't think Barca and Real will be the automatic destination for that level of player moving forward.

The money hasn't just changed the equations for the chasing pack.

The establishment has had one year of this new landscape and the Prem is a mess (from their perspective).

So if they feel the need to strengthen (which they do) and the money has helped them too (which it has) ... well there is really only one way they can spend more money than they already do.

We are diffrent from Chelsea and City, when they got took over, their owners HAD to spend huge to make them successful, Chelsea brought a new team that summer. City brought anyone they could to improve to get CL then the prem and it took them a few years to get CL. Everton are a better team(now) compared to the both of them were when they got taken over and would require a lot less investment by an owner to make us successful.

Utd were already a world wide brand with a fantastic team, probably the greatest manager ever, players know the world over and have a massive ground. The Glazers haven't really needed to spend until the last 2-3 years. Also will need to spend a lot to carry on competing with the likes of City and Chelsea. Compare City's team to Utd, City's is a lot better. Who'd of believed that when the Glazers took over.

Arsenal have 2 very rich shareholders, the main shareholder doesnt want to spend huge sums and wants to build up, like they have done. The 2nd wants to spend and spend but can't as he isn't the owner.

I have a question, if this deal falls through and Kenwrights illness rumours are true, what happens to Everton if he passes away? Who owns us then? Or will his shares go on sale?

I have a question, if this deal falls through and Kenwrights illness rumours are true, what happens to Everton if he passes away? Who owns us then? Or will his shares go on sale?

Without personalising it to EFC, most small businesses, as in small number of large shareholders, so not BP for example, have prearranged insurance policies to cater for such an event. Sure EFC are the same.

Most of BK's shares owned by a Ltd Co which would continue to exist the problem being that like the rest of the shares held personally it would form part of his estate so the executors/personal reps of the Estate would control them.

Most of BK's shares owned by a Ltd Co which would continue to exist the problem being that like the rest of the shares held personally it would form part of his estate so the executors/personal reps of the Estate would control them.

Thank you, I imagine that would be his G/F as I don't think he has kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back