Leicester City v Everton. 16th August at 15.00.

Who shall prosper

• Der Foxes

Votes: 19 4.2%
  • Der Toffees

Votes: 315 69.5%
  • Crap draw that lad

Votes: 119 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont buy Martinez's concerns over Lukaku and Mirallas making this game due to their WC duty. Are they more delicate than other players who went even further in the competition and who have been playing friendlies for weeks?

Leicester is a very winnable game. Lose on Saturday and the next two games after look like mountains to climb. We need points on the board first few games.

The closer we get to Saturday, the more confident I feel about Coleman, Mirallas and Lukaku all being involved.

They make a big difference in the quality of our first XI, in particular with our goal threat.

I dont buy Martinez's concerns over Lukaku and Mirallas making this game due to their WC duty. Are they more delicate than other players who went even further in the competition and who have been playing friendlies for weeks?

Leicester is a very winnable game. Lose on Saturday and the next two games after look like mountains to climb. We need points on the board first few games.

Agree, Martinez seems to like to cast doubt on players being available in the run up to the match and then they always start anyway. If he mentions it's possible they will start then they will as good as definitely start. I predict our (arguably) strongest side to start.

Agree, Martinez seems to like to cast doubt on players being available in the run up to the match and then they always start anyway. If he mentions it's possible they will start then they will as good as definitely start. I predict our (arguably) strongest side to start.
They played the game behind closed doors. I see no reason to do that if he didn't have them pencilled in.

If he wanted to save Lukaku and Mirallas, then he should have secured Atsu earlier and had him bedded in and he should have moved heaven and earth to get another striker in.

It's the big opening day. I have no time for any thoughts of saving players for later on in the season. That's a desperately bad point from Martinez.

For all the boss games and players, and loads of goals and tropical background; it’s missing something, which is your heart. And your heart is only content in that ageing ground with the funny sight and smells, the angry arl fellas and noises and the plethora of things that make your heart go whoooooah.

Is right Member Number 5.
Got to that point and stopped reading cos it wouldn't get any better.

Great pics, especially the Cottee one which fooled me for a moment into thinking he was wearing an Everton shirt there. It even looks like it is Vinny Samways heading the ball then I remembered he never got that far up the pitch.

This will be tricky and may end up being a draw alas.

Draw wouldn't be bad on Saturday. Probably missing a few key players, and promoted teams always play well above and beyond their abilities especially first few games of the year.

You don't even spell check do you?

Just kidding, good preview.

I think Coleman and Rom will start, with Kev off the bench with 30 left.

My Leicester mate has just told me Knockaert, Vardy, Upson and Albrighton are all doubtful for Saturday.

Feeling a little better about it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back