• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford

Holgate Keane Mina

Sidibe Davies Baines Digne

Iwobi

Kean Richarlison

Subs: Calvert-Lewin, Sigurdsson, Tosun, Bernard, Baningime, Gibson, Lossi.

Unavailable: Delph, Walcott, Schneiderlin, Gomes, Coleman, Gbamin (all injured).

It will be interesting to see his tactics for Sunday.
He claimed last week that we had no pace to get at them yet played a side with a couple of noticeably slow players. I just don't get it.

Personally I would sit deep and hit them on the break, play them at their own game almost.
For this you will need pace up front obviously. I say obviously because he seems to do the opposite of the obvious.
I'm not saying these are the correct tactics, my point is that once you decide tactics you pick a team to suit, surely.

It will be interesting to see his tactics for Sunday.
He claimed last week that we had no pace to get at them yet played a side with a couple of noticeably slow players. I just don't get it.

Personally I would sit deep and hit them on the break, play them at their own game almost.
For this you will need pace up front obviously. I say obviously because he seems to do the opposite of the obvious.
I'm not saying these are the correct tactics, my point is that once you decide tactics you pick a team to suit, surely.

I don’t think you’ve been watching Leicester recently, we are no longer a counter attacking team, more of a possession team with a high press, with Vardy in our side though, we still have that quick counter in our armoury.

Holgate to stick to Vardy like glue,mark him out of the game. Sidibe needs to be on his best game, double threat down the left because of Chiswell and whoever they play wide left. If we were confident, we could sit back, but I think they would break us down too easily, so we should try to give their defence something to think about. All the fast men up front! Richarlison, with his new contract in the offing,might want to play well.

Can't see a way we can win this game, should be the end for Silva if it's a particularly heavy defeat.

Best case scenario is to try and shut Vardy out of the game and go for a 0-0

I don’t think you’ve been watching Leicester recently, we are no longer a counter attacking team, more of a possession team with a high press, with Vardy in our side though, we still have that quick counter in our armoury.

So you can mix it up and change according to circumstances? If only Everton had a manager capable of such thinking.

No I haven't to be honest, I was going on your previous style as you point out.
But that wasn't my point to be fair. I mean we need to pick tactics to suit our strengths or your weaknesses, either one, then pick a team to suit those tactics.
Its something our manager doesn't seem to do.
Its almost like he thinks I'll play some kind of formation regardless of the opposition and doesn't even think of the players who will suit that formation.
It's easy to sit here and criticise I know but I can't see what he's trying to do. Maybe if people could see what his plan is they would take it easier with him.

Holgate to stick to Vardy like glue,mark him out of the game. Sidibe needs to be on his best game, double threat down the left because of Chiswell and whoever they play wide left. If we were confident, we could sit back, but I think they would break us down too easily, so we should try to give their defence something to think about. All the fast men up front! Richarlison, with his new contract in the offing,might want to play well.

I think Vardy is physically too strong for Holgate to try and man mark him mate.

I think Vardy is physically too strong for Holgate to try and man mark him mate.

You could be right, but Holgate could at least keep pace with him. Mina on Vardy is a penalty waiting to happen at least. And Keane would not be at the races against Vardy. Trouble is Leicester are quick all across their front line. We could be as well if we picked the right players!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back