2018/19 Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baines did well again today, but there was still the odd time he was caught up the pitch when Southampton lumped it towards their right wing.

Against the top six away from home when we're under the cosh a bit, think Digne will be a bit more solid defensively.

If Schneiderlin is out, I wonder if we’ll see LB given a go in the Holding role?

I’m sure Zouma is decent on the ball & can bring in out of defence. Hopefully, Mina can too? If those 2 play, I’d be happy to see Gana there. In front of Holgate/Keene, I think we need more discipline. A proper shield. Ideally a 10ft brick wall with moat.

I’m sure LB would be a calmer influence in that role than Gana or Davies.

baines.webp

@davek :coffee:

If Schneiderlin is out, I wonder if we’ll see LB given a go in the Holding role?

I’m sure Zouma is decent on the ball & can bring in out of defence. Hopefully, Mina can too? If those 2 play, I’d be happy to see Gana there. In front of Holgate/Keene, I think we need more discipline. A proper shield. Ideally a 10ft brick wall with moat.

I’m sure LB would be a calmer influence in that role than Gana or Davies.

Despite a poor performance there vs Newcastle a few years ago, I'd like to see it at least one more time but only when Digne is back and fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back