Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
And also Pienaar covering and tracking very often.

I have love watching Baines, and he hs been a very good player. But his all-round game was the reason he never really got a big move.
He was too shy, I think bayern Munich wanted him, and I think Moyes would of wanted at united when he first took over.

Some players don't like being taken out of there comfort zone, I don't think he liked playing for England either

He was too shy, I think bayern Munich wanted him, and I think Moyes would of wanted at united when he first took over.

Some players don't like being taken out of there comfort zone, I don't think he liked playing for England either

Thats another weakness tbh, maybe he knew his shortcomings, i dont know. But he certainly was and is happy to stay in his comfort zone.

In my opinion, we carry to many like him. This may sound harsh, but career failures. We love them.

And also Pienaar covering and tracking very often.

I have love watching Baines, and he hs been a very good player. But his all-round game was the reason he never really got a big move.
I agree with the Evra shout, he was the first that came to my mind but Baines never got a big move not because of his talent but because he never pushed the move to Man Utd through(for whatever reason be it loyalty to Everton , lack of ambition or he was just happy here)the time they wanted him( Moyes I know)in the same way players like Arteta, Lescott and Stones did when their chance came for a shot at the big time.

That result knocked the wind out of my sails, think he will be hungry to put his mistake behind him when the chance arises. However I hope to see Digne come in, he’s been fortunate to keep his place down the years due to not having adequate competition - He will need to knuckle down if he’s to get a run in the side again.

That result knocked the wind out of my sails, think he will be hungry to put his mistake behind him when the chance arises. However I hope to see Digne come in, he’s been fortunate to keep his place down the years due to not having adequate competition - He will need to knuckle down if he’s to get a run in the side again.

We can’t carry him any longer, he’s been making mistakes season after season for a while now. Time to move on.

If you put Richarlison or any wide player on the left Everton have ever had (apart from Bolasie who is a total disaster in any position) at LB they'd do as good a job at defending as Baines ever was able to do.

He was never a defender.
You were advocating Kenedy before the start of the season, a player who cannot defend and has been a problem for Newcastle since they signed him.

You were advocating Kenedy before the start of the season, a player who cannot defend and has been a problem for Newcastle since they signed him.
I still advocate him. He's ten times better than Baines. You think a game or two off form for Newcastle can cloud that fact?

I still advocate him. He's ten times better than Baines. You think a game or two off form for Newcastle can cloud that fact?
His attitude stinks and he can't defend either, which seems to be your current bone of contention with Baines.

You've been banging on about Pickford's ego, yet calling for this fella.

We should definitely replace Baines, but replacing him with a worse defender with a bad attitude is stupid in the extreme.

His attitude stinks and he can't defend either, which seems to be your current bone of contention with Baines.

We should definitely replace Baines, but replacing him with a worse defender with a bad attitude is stupid in the extreme.
Imagine if we'd bought a left back this transfer window though.

I think someone French would've fit us.

OH WAIT

No, Dave.

You said "As a defender he's never been able to defend. Heading ability: zero Tackling ability: zero Positional sense: zero " and also "Literally one of our worst ever players when considered as a proper left back"

Thats not analysis. It's just nonsense childish silly extremes to make your point. And then you somehow think I completely agree with you.

Whats the point of these type of posts? Is it to WUM the whole forum, as it looks like that or you don't know much about football. Because if you wanted to actually discuss his career with other posters in the thread you might try coming down a few notches from what you've written in the last couple pages.

You'll find most will agree he has been great in attack but never great in defence, but nobody would claim he has zero ability as a defender. Like nobody else. Just you.
He was good defending but don't think he had the athleticism to be great. Seems more natural to think of wing back attacking play to be all about speed and athleticism, but I reckon it's playing the other way that makes the highest physical demands. Need to cover a huge amount of ground, at pace, and then rapidly shut down opposition wingers [often superb athletes themselves] by denying them space, preventing angles for crosses etc. Reckon you need to be seriously physically gifted if you're going to lay claim to being a great defensive LB / RB in the modern game.

I like the way you edited my post to not include the qualifying line: "As a defender he's never been able to defend."

I'm not surprised you edited it that way as the whole statement makes your point redundant.

i didn't think that much into it.... the whole thing was laughable, next time ill copy it all for you.

That's not true. On what are you basing that? One game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back