Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Him and Kev seemed to work well together today once Del came on and Bolasie went off

Maybe stick with that combination?

Short term I'd say so, longer term be interesting if depay does come in, until Shaw snapped his leg him and depay played/linked up really well together, something that most overlooked when writing depay off as how his form went after that when United started much more defensive fullbacks instead, think he could spark a return to Baines at his best should he come in.

He's taking a split second more to decide what to do and he's being closed down. Age starting to catch up with him. Good penalty taker though!

hopefully that comes with match sharpness as well as he's had a tendency to take a touch and always pass back. A fit Baines takes a touch and makes a forward run into space looking for the return.

Balls of steel to take the pen though and that's what is needed, some of these experienced players to step up and take responsibility. Good to see Baines do that yesterday.

It gives me no pleasure to say this but for me he is now the weakest link in the team. Painfully slow.positionally poor and offers nothing in attack. Thanks for some great memories Leighton

All of the goals we conceded today were poor but the first one was terrible and baines barely even tried to stop the ball coming in. His defending was never great but as his attacking threat continues to wane the worse he looks. From seemingly having an embarrassment of riches at left back a few seasons ago now seems one of our weakest positions. Hopefully we can get Galloway back and let him continue the develop there as there are other areas as well that need drastic surgery in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back