Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baines looked a different player last night driving forward, was great to see. One thing that annoyed me though was him not taking the free kick that he won on the edge of the box in the second half. He needs to be more assertive and keep hold of the ball and not let Ross or ROm take it from him. Dont know whether Koeman unleashed the shackles on both fullbacks or just whether having more legs in midfield gave both Baines and Coleman the confidence to go but we looked a much more dangerous team going forwards. Great cross from Baines for the first goal too on his wrong foot. Still defensively vulnerable but if we play more to his strengths then there will be life in the old dog yet.

Baines looked a different player last night driving forward, was great to see.One thing that annoyed me though was him not taking the free kick that he won on the edge of the box in the second half. He needs to be more assertive and keep hold of the ball and not let Ross or ROm take it from him. Dont know whether Koeman unleashed the shackles on both fullbacks or just whether having more legs in midfield gave both Baines and Coleman the confidence to go but we looked a much more dangerous team going forwards. Great cross from Baines for the first goal too on his wrong foot. Still defensively vulnerable but if we play more to his strengths then there will be life in the old dog yet.

Both our full backs are looking better now neither of them is finding Bolasie hindering them when they join the attack.

He was desperate to win last night and gave everything. Played like a good evertonIan and made me eat humble pie. Well in Leighton

I loved the way Baines and Jimmy Mac were holding on to each other and laughing as they ran up the touchline after Ashley Williams as he celebrated his goal.

I loved the way Baines and Jimmy Mac were holding on to each other and laughing as they ran up the touchline after Ashley Williams as he celebrated his goal.
Yeah you could see that it meant a lot to all of our players to win that game. That's what the goodison crowd want to see and what a reaction it got. Hopefully it's a turning point for Leighton because I thought he had his best game for at least 2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back