Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben Chilwell reminds me a lot of a young Baines, ie. fantastic overlapping runs and great crossing. Would love for us to nick him off the Foxes.
i think the team are laying differently these days where the attacking emphasis is more central, Baines is still a cracking player, he is so much more than an attacking full back, he properly understands the game, can alter the tempo of a game from full back, he's good enough for a few years yet. Vault me on this Friends

He's past his best so I understand why fans can be underwhelmed by him this season. But that's because we've been spoilt.

He's still had a really solid season and been one of the best left backs in the league. His ability on the ball and range of passing is second to none. Defensively astute too. At least another 12 months in the tank and I'll enjoy every minute.

Baines is love. Baines is life.

He's suffered more than most in recent years from our inability to keep control of the ball in advanced areas, meaning he can't get forward the same way he used to.

Specifically, he hugely benefited from Pienaar's clever inside play and Fellaini's holding up of the ball when he played as the second forward.

He's suffered more than most in recent years from our inability to keep control of the ball in advanced areas, meaning he can't get forward the same way he used to.

Specifically, he hugely benefited from Pienaar's clever inside play and Fellaini's holding up of the ball when he played as the second forward.
Pienaar was the biggest part of that I feel, never lost a ball without making sure the other player fouled him first.

None of his replacements on the left have really gelled with baines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back