Leon Osman

Useful squad player ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats why I brought it up, Hibbert has stepped in handily recently so the volume goes up vs Osman.

In my mind I have a picture of Hibbert as the Phantom of the Opera in some basement cave beneath Goodison typing away on some giant screen instead of playing the organ (oooh err) only it wouldn't be 'the Opera', it'd be 'the Osman'. The cape, the half mask, the lot.
LSD?

I've heard for every goal he scores he drowns a kitten and goes to his local Asda to tell 5 kids that Santa is not real.

Then while he's in the Asda he spends more than a tenner, gets given one of them green token things and leaves it in his car ashtray, doesn't even put it in the little see through plastic charity slot the animal. He's got loads just building up, doing an evil laugh everytime he adds another token.

3. ??? Like the control against Sunderland?
He is the weakest player we've had for decades, and he's been a disaster in and around our penalty area since his debut. He has ability, and manages to do so something positive once or twice a game - though usually outweighed by the dross - but as he's got older, his limited impact in games has dwindled even further, and I can only imagine he's still getting game time due to the injuries to our limited squad.
He would never have got into any other top 6 side and before anyone mentions his England cap, think of the other players Hodgson has inexplicably called up, and ask why, even when we were struggling, no other club has even made an enquiry about him

So not only was he crap for his entire career we've been basically playing with ten men for ten years (and depending on your preference a crap manager), yet still on an awful budget compared to most other clubs, we've managed to continually finish in the top 6/7 while being out spent and we even gave them a numerical advantage.

Clearly his entire career has seemingly coincided with our luckiest period in our history.

So not only was he crap for his entire career we've been basically playing with ten men for ten years (and depending on your preference a crap manager), yet still on an awful budget compared to most other clubs, we've managed to continually finish in the top 6/7 while being out spent and we even gave them a numerical advantage.

Clearly his entire career has seemingly coincided with our luckiest period in our history.
your being hysterical now!

We've finished 6/7 despite Osman, not because of him. Without him who knows: we may have finished higher without his cock ups and bottleless non-performances.
I have resented Osmans revered presence at our club because of the vitriol some 'fans' have levelled at others who Osman has kept out of the side. I have supported the team with him included for years out of loyalty to the club, but have longed for the day that he finally f***s off

3. ??? Like the control against Sunderland?
He is the weakest player we've had for decades, and he's been a disaster in and around our penalty area since his debut. He has ability, and manages to do so something positive once or twice a game - though usually outweighed by the dross - but as he's got older, his limited impact in games has dwindled even further, and I can only imagine he's still getting game time due to the injuries to our limited squad.
He would never have got into any other top 6 side and before anyone mentions his England cap, think of the other players Hodgson has inexplicably called up, and ask why, even when we were struggling, no other club has even made an enquiry about him

But mate, you said James McFadden is one of the top 10 most gifted players you've seen since the 60s.

Please never compare Osman and Cahill again, mate.

Hiya mate,

Osman.
Prem titles - 0
Fa Cup - 0
League Cup - 0

Tim Cahill

Prem titles - 0
Fa Cup - 0
League Cup - 0

That's the history books mate. Not me comparing them.

If I was comparing them, it would read exactly the same, but I would draw different conclusions. But then, this is why there are so many pages on this thread, it's all about opinion. It's up to you to assume what my opinion on the two players is, past them both being loyal servants of the club I love.

If the question is asked of me as to what Osman has achieved, it would, by me, be considered a huge achievement to of been thought good enough to wear the royal blue. For some that isn't enough........ Sometimes......

But hey, the Echo, who I think have also been the target of some ridicule on numerous occasions on this very website, have picked out some sections of a long term servants biography, in order to create debate and sell papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back