Lescott 10m YE WHAT EVER!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpys top lip

Player Valuation: £60m
This sort of shiit make my blood boil. :angry::angry::angry:

Sunday, January 27, 2008
United and Arsenal keep tabs on £10 million Everton star
According to reports in today's News of the World, Arsenal and Manchester United are keeping tabs on Everton defender Joleon Lescott.

The player has impressed this season, earning an England call-up and becoming a vital part of the Everton starting eleven.

The 25-year old has been at Goodison Park since 2006 after joining from Championship side Wolves. It is very clear that David Moyes wants to hold onto his star players but when the sides like Arsenal and United come knocking they often get their man.

It is not thaught that both sides will make bids in January but a summer move may be on the cards. Both Ferguson and Wenger are likely to start the bidding at around about £8 million but I feel they will have to cough up a lot more than that for Everton star.

Have a few points about this......

1. If we WERE to sell him why would it be 10m, when the lad is one of the best out there plus will score 10 goals a season. he's worth 25m+

2. is this another attempt by the media to unsettle our best players as we are getting near the famous three. how they would hate that.

3. Why would he go to utd or arse, as we will be challenging them in the near future for the league title anyway.

4. If these lazy jurno's just done a bit of homwork. they'd know he's stated many times how happy he is at everton. An has stated he dosent need to leave to achive what he wants out of football.

Once again we have to put up with all this [Poor language removed]. So according to the papers were selling

.Arteta
.cahill
.johnson
.yakubu
.yobo
.howard
.ossie
an now lescott, all i can say is what a load of wankk.

Last edited:
i,m with you, its just speculaution aimed at unsettling the player and the club,and like you i hate it, and if Woodgate's worth 10million then Joleons worth double,

The News of the World are the only paper that ran this story this morning, hardly a hotbed for cutting edge journalism.
It's complete and utter bulls**t if you ask me.

do you know what ? i would go as far as to say lescott is one of the top 5 defenders in the world imo.

ive not seen any defender at club or international level this season stand out and perform so well and so consistantly .

8 million ? there having a laugh. if bent was 16 million , ferdinand 28 million , swp 30 million , etc etc then lescott has to be 25-35 million minimum.

he's techniquely brilliant as a defender , powerful , quick , good with his head , good at marking , gets goals , good passer , good team player , not yet in his prime , can play different positions......there is just no doubting that he is good enough to play for any team he wanted to play for.
he wouldnt look out of place in any top european team starting lineup.

it all boils down to wether lescott fancies another club or wants to stay at everton.

why would he want to leave ?
hes liked by the fans , he has a great manager , has a great team moral and work ethic , gets a good wage , gets in the media headlines , international recognition and plays top flight football .

things are good here ,always progressing and moving in the right direction.

would i , if i was lescott , throw that away by moving to a so called bigger club to be just a bit part player ? would i bolox.

look at tommy g , he couldnt resist real madrid , and look at how he ended up.
you cant tell me that the past few years wouldnt have been better for him if he had stayed at everton.actually i would even say the same about rooney.
he won a prem league medal granted , but he hasnt won anything else or really set the world on fire has he ? i bet he hasnt tasted a thrill greater than when he put on the blue jersey and scored at goodison .
who knows if he stayed with us our 4th in the prem could have been a 1st.

we are a great club , a good squad , 4th in the prem , in the uefa cup and pushing for europe next season.
lescott isnt our only diamond (as it seemed to be in the rooney saga).we have cahill , arteta , johnson , yakubu , yobo , neville , jags , fernandes howard for starters who imo would be a dream signing for most clubs.
behind them we have a glut of very good teammates.
we are close to winning glory and perhaps 1 or 2 players short of not only matching the 'big' 4 but also overtaking them.

this club isnt a fake arse plastic fantastic money buys success club.
this club is the real deal , a proper footbal club with heart and soul who does things the way it should be done.by great management , training facilities , youth development , good buying on a budget , good motivation and damn hard work by everyone at the club , everyone pulling there weight all for each other

rooney was mad to leave and so would be lescott .

Last edited:
He is arguably our best player on the pitch, not only does he defend great, he scores, gets assists, and i wouldnt sell him for (honestly) less than £16 million

do you know what ? i would go as far as to say lescott is one of the top 5 defenders in the world imo.

ive not seen any defender at club or international level this season stand out and perform so well and so consistantly .

8 million ? there having a laugh. if bent was 16 million , ferdinand 28 million , swp 30 million , etc etc then lescott has to be 25-35 million minimum.

he's techniquely brilliant as a defender , powerful , quick , good with his head , good at marking , gets goals , good passer , good team player , not yet in his prime , can play different positions......there is just no doubting that he is good enough to play for any team he wanted to play for.
he wouldnt look out of place in any top european team starting lineup.

it all boils down to wether lescott fancies another club or wants to stay at everton.

why would he want to leave ?
hes liked by the fans , he has a great manager , has a great team moral and work ethic , gets a good wage , gets in the media headlines , international recognition and plays top flight football .

things are good here ,always progressing and moving in the right direction.

would i , if i was lescott , throw that away by moving to a so called bigger club to be just a bit part player ? would i bolox.

look at tommy g , he couldnt resist real madrid , and look at how he ended up.
you cant tell me that the past few years wouldnt have been better for him if he had stayed at everton.actually i would even say the same about rooney.
he won a prem league medal granted , but he hasnt won anything else or really set the world on fire has he ? i bet he hasnt tasted a thrill greater than when he put on the blue jersey and scored at goodison .
who knows if he stayed with us our 4th in the prem could have been a 1st.

we are a great club , a good squad , 4th in the prem , in the uefa cup and pushing for europe next season.
lescott isnt our only diamond (as it seemed to be in the rooney saga).we have cahill , arteta , johnson , yakubu , yobo , neville , jags , fernandes howard for starters who imo would be a dream signing for most clubs.
behind them we have a glut of very good teammates.
we are close to winning glory and perhaps 1 or 2 players short of not only matching the 'big' 4 but also overtaking them.

this club isnt a fake arse plastic fantastic money buys success club.
this club is the real deal , a proper footbal club with heart and soul who does things the way it should be done.by great management , training facilities , youth development , good buying on a budget , good motivation and damn hard work by everyone at the club , everyone pulling there weight all for each other

rooney was mad to leave and so would be lescott .

He is arguably our best player on the pitch, not only does he defend great, he scores, gets assists, and i wouldnt sell him for (honestly) less than 16 million

nightbreed top post mate..........all very true.

Dom if you changs the 1 to a 2 you might be closer to the real price of lescott. Who els of his class could you get for 16m?

He's worth the Earth to us, but on the open market I'd value him at £12-15m. Remember, he's not long established himself as a premiership player. Another good season for player and team next year, and that'll increase.

Not related, but reading the Indie today, I notice that he was included in a premiership ugly 11. Unsurprisingly, Phil Neville also featured. Rooney was centre forward. It was based on a vote by birds!

He's worth the Earth to us, but on the open market I'd value him at £12-15m. Remember, he's not long established himself as premiership player. Another good season for player and team next year, and that'll increase.

Not related, but reading the Indie today, I notice that he was included in a premiership ugly 11. Unsurprisingly, Phil Neville also featured. Rooney was centre forward. It was based on a vote by birds!

They should stick to making Custard and angel delight. pfft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back