Lescott Calm On Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpys top lip

Player Valuation: £60m
efc__1210848931_lesc.jpg

Joleon Lescott isn't concerned by Everton's quiet summer so far.

The Toffees are yet to add to their squad in what has been a generally subdued transfer window throughout the Premier League.

But manager David Moyes has an excellent record in the transfer market and Lescott is confident the boss will make the right moves.

"I know the manager hasn't made any signings this summer, but again he is no fool and he knows who he wants and who he needs," Lescott said.

mpu-digitalnetwork.jpg
"I am sure when he does make a signing it will be the right player."
Lescott himself was an example of Moyes' shrewd transfer strategy when he arrived from Wolves two summers ago.

"There aren't many transfers anywhere else," observed the England international. "So it isn't just Everton not signing anyone, other clubs are not signing players but again the manager knows who he wants and I am sure we will get them.

"I think over the last couple of years most teams have spent more than us but we have pushed them to the max and I am sure this season will be the same," he continued.

"I think we have to take the positives out of the situation. We are not spending as much as the other clubs but we are still achieving as much, so if we can hit the level of consistency we want then we will be there or thereabouts."

So boy's an girls lets chill!!

No more negativity hey.....:lol:

Im sure when the gaffer spends, it will be for the right player.

'Other clubs aren't signing players'

Is he sure about that? Club's around us:

Spurs (Modric, Dos Santos, Mpoku, Ranieri,); Villa (Davies, Sidwell); Liverpool (Degen, Dossena, Bushtman, Saric, Poloskei, Cavalieri); Man City (Trotta, Jo); Portsmouth (Little, Sahar, Crouch).

We are getting left standing at the starting blocks.

Spurs (Modric, Dos Santos, Mpoku, Ranieri,); Villa (Davies, Sidwell); Liverpool (Degen, Dossena, Bushtman, Saric, Poloskei, Cavalieri); Man City (Trotta, Jo); Portsmouth (Little, Sahar, Crouch).

An who the fukk are any of them!!

You really need a chill pill!!

17 clubs have bought already. Only us, Sunderland and Man utd haven't. So he's wrong when he says no one has bought yet.

I'm not worried yet though. I still have a feeling we will be getting super M'Bia soon. Maybe the Fernandes deal will be sorted out aswell. Both signings would get things going and would liven things up a bit. Even one signing would do for me.

I've heard there's a medical at Finch Farm today.................

.....pretty much every day this summer.

:blink:

Squad fillers. Exactly what we should be doing. A squad our size is desperately pathetic.

I've got to admit I agree to this. We dont need many new first teamers if we're short on the cash, but we certainly need backup for the, too many of our players are now injury prone and our midfield right now, if based on fitness alone, is probably one of the worst in the premiership.

Yawn. This really is getting boring. There is really two transfers of note in that whole list.

And yes, other clubs aren't signing players. They typical off season is a flurry of signings and we have had a couple hit the news so far.

Personally I don't give a flying what other clubs are doing. Just because money is being spent doesn't mean it will be spent well. Come on, almost 20 mill for Jo!!???!?!?! Ridiculous.

And for the guy who said the [Poor language removed] are buying squad fillers like we should be doing, no. No, no, no, no, no. We should be buying players who improve the team. Not to make up numbers.

I'm quite confident Moyes will get the players he needs. I think we'll get around 5 players in. Two to go into the first team, one to be around the first team and two as backup.

Backup Goalkeeper: Loan
Backup centre half: Loan
Midfielder: Manuel Fernandes: 6 million
Midfielder: Stephane M'Bia: 4 million
Striker: Darren Bent: 12 million

Something like that maybe. I do think we need one big signing in the range of 8-12 million. Someone proven who will produce the goods and get the fans excited.

I'm quite confident Moyes will get the players he needs. I think we'll get around 5 players in. Two to go into the first team, one to be around the first team and two as backup.

Backup Goalkeeper: Loan
Backup centre half: Loan
Midfielder: Manuel Fernandes: 6 million
Midfielder: Stephane M'Bia: 4 million
Striker: Darren Bent: 12 million

Something like that maybe. I do think we need one big signing in the range of 8-12 million. Someone proven who will produce the goods and get the fans excited.

Spot on mate. Apparently that's shooting for the stars though.

Well it hardly affects him if we get no one in. He's just guarenteed a place in the team. Rightly so mind.

Yawn. This really is getting boring. There is really two transfers of note in that whole list.

And yes, other clubs aren't signing players. They typical off season is a flurry of signings and we have had a couple hit the news so far.

Personally I don't give a flying what other clubs are doing. Just because money is being spent doesn't mean it will be spent well. Come on, almost 20 mill for Jo!!???!?!?! Ridiculous.

And for the guy who said the [Poor language removed] are buying squad fillers like we should be doing, no. No, no, no, no, no. We should be buying players who improve the team. Not to make up numbers.

Ouch !!!

The crushing grip of logic and reason prevails yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back