Lescott on his dream move...to Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
'if everton came to me and asked me to stay for the rest of my career I would snatch their hands off'...Joleon Lescott April 2008

Horrible greedy basterd!!!

We'll see, I bet he put's some rubbish out about ambitious club, challenging etc. Hope fabio drops him because he's not playing in Europe week in week out, alot of players seem to get a good rep at everton, then leave and go downhill fast, Barmby, Jeffers, Xavier off the top of me head!

His name should never be mentioned again by any Evertonian . He has gone and the way he did was nothing short of pathetic . Everyone connected with this great club should just move on and leave Lescott to count his money . Everton FC WILL COME AGAIN . That I promise you .

Posted via Mobile Device
We should stop wasting space talking about him really. He no 24m playa.
We got good money and a snide off our books. Win win*
If we sign a decent replacement.

Christ on a bike, stop being so petty about it, the lad was offered 3x his wages, he's got dodgy knees that may well see him never completing his career to the usual mid 30's.

The way it has come about has in truth been as much Moyse's fault as Lescott's and the boards and Man City and whoever Man City have to do their dealing.

Anyone with their head screwed on would have gone, it's just Moyse perpetuated it by saying he wasn't selling instead of going to do the deal 5 weeks ago when it all kicked off.

Now the club look like a bunch of sell outs with nothing to show apart from 1 world class player down and the same faces in the team.

The way the board & Moyse have dealt with this situation has been nothing but shambolic. Yes we want to keep hold of our best players, but we've got to match them with the wages or lose them, simple as.

Re ; Thread Title ;
Coz he's on 40 grand a week and needs the fukn money !!!
Just seen him posing for snaps outside the Council House .

Was a player , but shoithawk of a fella , I'm afraid .

Christ on a bike, stop being so petty about it, the lad was offered 3x his wages, he's got dodgy knees that may well see him never completing his career to the usual mid 30's.

The way it has come about has in truth been as much Moyse's fault as Lescott's and the boards and Man City and whoever Man City have to do their dealing.

Anyone with their head screwed on would have gone, it's just Moyse perpetuated it by saying he wasn't selling instead of going to do the deal 5 weeks ago when it all kicked off.

Now the club look like a bunch of sell outs with nothing to show apart from 1 world class player down and the same faces in the team.

The way the board & Moyse have dealt with this situation has been nothing but shambolic. Yes we want to keep hold of our best players, but we've got to match them with the wages or lose them, simple as.

Complete rubbish and then some . Are you a school teacher or something " Grow up " ? . Moyes has behaved aswell as anyone with that amount of pressure thrown on him . No call by Mark Hughes until THIS WEEK and you want Moyes to sanction a deal like everything all sweet and light ?

We were ready to act in the correct manner City were not until this week thats why its taken so long plain and simple . Moyes has strict priciples Mark Hughes obviuosly doesnt and it seems neither do you .

I agree with you on your few points, but not the last..

The reality is we simply can't afford to pay massive wages, and if did decide to we could easily end up as another Leeds/Newcastle. If any of the current playing staff at Everton think they can earn a better crust somewhere else, they're welcome to it. Like others have said, a few players have left for better money but at the expense of high regard. Take your pick..

What did I say that was petty?? I said money. That's the reason he went. End of.

To be honest, if I was him I would have handed a transfer request and kicked off big time to go to City at the first opportunity.

Just like I would hand in my notice if another company offered me 3x my current wages.

To be honest, if I was him I would have handed a transfer request and kicked off big time to go to City at the first opportunity.

Just like I would hand in my notice if another company offered me 3x my current wages.

Most of us would. He should have left in a better way though.

Status
Not open for further replies.