Let's play hypothetical... will you trade Cahill for Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
When ya say trade..are we talking purely "ON the field - for 90 minutes" or the whole Three Ring P.T Barnum circus that comes with the Quarter of a Million Dollar Man, these days ? 'Cos given the current circumstances, the diminutive antipodean would get my vote over Mr Hello Magazine any day of the week. Plus let's not forget, the lads is way off the scale at the moment, he's struggling to find any kind of form - Hell, he played better in that Nike advert than he did in the entire World Cup !!

Tim the Blue Kangaroo 1

Wayne Slob 0

Hi Dushku:),

Trade as in a proper three-ring circus trade. So make your decision on this hypothetical over a four-year playing career, not just one season.

Cynically speaking, due to the increased worldwide reputation and exposure, financial boost in merchandise and possibility of foreign investment interest based on a player like Rooney playing for Everton in his prime, I'd have to say yes.

It'd be a soul destroyer though so thankfully we'll never be placed in that position.

Hi Tubey,

Being a hypothetical question, assume that Everton can have Rooney. You supported your case well. Afterall, money makes the world go round.

I'm a die hard Cahill fan, financial returns or not, I'm sticking with the Boxing Kangaroo.:)

Hi Tubey,

Being a hypothetical question, assume that Everton can have Rooney. You supported your case well. Afterall, money makes the world go round.

I'm a die hard Cahill fan, financial returns or not, I'm sticking with the Boxing Kangaroo.:)

me too, as a footballer rooney is fantastic but as a human he is a lamentable failure.

he'd be off to madrid if we didn't make C/L in the first season.

Status
Not open for further replies.