Lewis Dobbin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Considering he never made a single first team appearance for us, I'd be very surprised if we triggered any of these add-ons.

I liked Josh Bowler a lot in the 23s but we're talking about a lad with 38 first team appearances when he left us, mostly on loan at hull, 1 goal scored, 2 assists.

And since he left us 21 apps, 2 goals, 1 assist. He's a nice player but I don't think the decision to let him go should be used to hang Brands. Not when Iwobi is right there.
We never have him a chance in the first team - we raced to sign him c other club's in the prem - then just have him away - He did get injured - we sent him on loan where a player in his position Bowen is now at West Ham .....so he had to swap wings -

It's just an example of how bad our youth set up is - not that many making the grade being given away for nothing - while Brands or any last idiots signing players like the iwobis etc...... Plus past it players with no sell on value .....

The success rate in Germany isnt great despite what every body thinks

Keanan Bennetts has ended up from Monchengladbach back here at Ipswich on loan, now almost 22 with his england career stalling at under 19 level

Reece Oxford has only just started to cement himself in FC Augsburg's first team as he's approaching 23 after being let go by Gladbacjh

Rabbi Motando cant get a sniff at second division Schalke so has been loaned out, first to Stoke & next to Cercle Bruge (The belgian Everton)

Ethan Ampadu played 3 games at RB Leipzig

Anthony Evans got binned by Padderbon & is now back in England at Bristol Rovers

Clinton Mola has played 8 games for Stuttgard

Matt Penney had a loan at St Pauli, he was that good Sheff Wed released him to ipswich

Matthew Bondswell didnt last long at Leipzig, hes now at Newcastle under 23s

Highly rated Mandela Egbo, now 24 left gladbach and is now at New York Red Bulls

Ex England under 20 player Kaylen Hinds didnt get a chance at Wolfsburg and now at 23 is at Aldershot Town

Red Bull Leipzig ended up selling Ademola Lookman at a loss, after a less than impressive permanent spell in germany

Jonjoe Kenny looked good for Schalke, came back, wasent good enough for us or Celtic in the SPL

Reiss Nelson has also dropped off a cliff after a half decent loan in Germany

How much credit to Leipzig deserve after fielding Emile Smith Rowe for only 3 games, his next loan (at Championship Huddersfield) really gave him that uplift in his career

Just because Jadon Sancho did well over there (in reality Sancho would of made it anywere he went.....including staying at City) dosent mean its a great place for young english players to go!
The thing with that is they mostly all got a chance to play senior football though. If they'd stayed in England you also couldn't be sure they'd have fared any better. For the record Smith Rowe was mostly injured whilst at Leipzig which is why he didn't play much. Also Mola was mostly injured last season too.

…do you honestly see him as a lone striker option? I can understand posters suggesting Simms, but I just don’t see Dobbin as an option to Rondon. I’d doubt he has the physicality to occupy CBs at this level.
I'm just getting frustrated at our poor striking options and think we should try something different against Brentford, hopefully abandoning the lone striker option as Rondon is just not at the races, it's no use having the experience if you're immobile and blowing out of your backside.

Considering he never made a single first team appearance for us, I'd be very surprised if we triggered any of these add-ons.

I liked Josh Bowler a lot in the 23s but we're talking about a lad with 38 first team appearances when he left us, mostly on loan at hull, 1 goal scored, 2 assists.

And since he left us 21 apps, 2 goals, 1 assist. He's a nice player but I don't think the decision to let him go should be used to hang Brands. Not when Iwobi is right there.

Oh look another player we spent actual money on that didn’t develop in the 4 years spent in our under 23s being “coached” by Hippo. Left Everton exactly the same player he was when we signed him. Would fully recommend Dobbin gets out of this shambles of a club for the sake of his own career.

I'm just getting frustrated at our poor striking options and think we should try something different against Brentford, hopefully abandoning the lone striker option as Rondon is just not at the races, it's no use having the experience if you're immobile and blowing out of your backside.

….yep it is frustrating, I actually thought Gordon would’ve been a more innovative option than Rondon. At least he can worry CBs with balls played in the channels and beyond them. Regarding Dobbin, I suspect he’s better getting on the ball in wider positions or joining in with a more conventional central striker.

….yep it is frustrating, I actually thought Gordon would’ve been a more innovative option than Rondon. At least he can worry CBs with balls played in the channels and beyond them. Regarding Dobbin, I suspect he’s better getting on the ball in wider positions or joining in with a more conventional central striker.
It's even more frustrating that we're running out of options with every week that passes.

I am aware of that BS but any roll of the dice is a better option than Rondon, better if we try something different against Brentford than the RS.

Koeman get abuse for playing DCL on the wing, ithe same will happen to Benitez if he plays Dobbin, a winger, who will get battered by any centre half because he hasnt the where with all or the size to cope.

Depends on who is fit, if Benitez plays with a centre forward then whoever plays (Rondon, Tosun or Simms) then they should stay in the middle and get at the centre halves.

If he doesnt then I cant see we get the opportunity to score no matter how many good chances we get.

….in his press conference Benitez seemed quite clear in his preference for ‘experience’ rather than ‘potential’ when it comes to selecting the side for Sunday. It suggests to me a straight choice between Tosun and Rondon.

Status
Not open for further replies.