2023/24 Lewis Dobbin

The premiership is a hugely competitive professional league. There is no room for sentiment. Just because he came through the academy is not reason enough to play him in the team.

Last night he offered nothing in attack or defence and repeatedly lost the ball.
To be honest I think he may go back to league one on loan as I don't think he would survive in the championship at present.

With more experience and composure he will improve but I don't think he will ever be premiership standard.

Kinell, see we’re doing the usual evertonian schtick of slaughtering a young player and writing Dobbin off.

Why would anyone want to play for us?

As with all young players, dobbin will make mistakes - I thought he did really well against wolves and not so good last night, along with most of the team in a shocking overall team performance.

Let’s give Dobbin and the rest of rhe kids a break please and start supporting them instead of slamming them. It’s beyond boring.

The premiership is a hugely competitive professional league. There is no room for sentiment. Just because he came through the academy is not reason enough to play him in the team.

Last night he offered nothing in attack or defence and repeatedly lost the ball.
To be honest I think he may go back to league one on loan as I don't think he would survive in the championship at present.

With more experience and composure he will improve but I don't think he will ever be premiership standard.
Sentiment is what has made Everton FC is all about in recent seasons. From "Chairmen Bill" right through the club. Its all we have.

The fact that he tried to do a backheel last night is a sign to me that he's immature and not ready to play senior minutes for Everton. Wouldn't be surprised to see him loaned or sold after that.

Bit hard for him to make an impression when the first half tactic was to boot the ball over his head. Amazingly when we passed it on the floor a bit in the second half we started to create chances.
I think a big reason for that tactic was that when we tried to get the ball down and pass it players like dobbin weren’t offering a ball and then were losing it as soon as they got it then when we got people who could actually play football on later we didn’t need to do it but maybe that’s too obvious for some people.

Really hope I'm wrong It's the age he is at. The further up the pitch you play the earlier you will show footballer wise. Physical stuff can be worked on decision making can be worked on. He needed to be breaking into our first team at 17 18 or absolutely tearing it up on loan. He has done neither and at 20 nearing 21 just reckon he won't become the player we wanted him to be now. He was alright for the first 5 mins then his maker controlled him.
Thing is Benitez was starting to give him a chance at that age. Then he got sacked and Lampard came in. As for his marker controlled him, he was giving him a much harder time than Danjuma who switched over to the left hand side and did nothing against him. However we aren't writing Danjuma off because of this are we? As for his loan we threw him into a terrible situation at Derby and he was effectively played out of position there. I'm not saying he's going to make it but like any young player he needs time and some patience to develop from the manager and the fans. Then we can judge him properly.

Thing is Benitez was starting to give him a chance at that age. Then he got sacked and Lampard came in. As for his marker controlled him, he was giving him a much harder time than Danjuma who switched over to the left hand side and did nothing against him. However we aren't writing Danjuma off because of this are we? As for his loan we threw him into a terrible situation at Derby and he was effectively played out of position there. I'm not saying he's going to make it but like any young player he needs time and some patience to develop from the manager and the fans. Then we can judge him properly.
No what ifs and sentiment in Premier League football...

No what ifs and sentiment in Premier League football...

I think you are a bit harsh on the lad though. Semedo was booked by him, it was an interesting battle, and he caused him some problems, on some occasions. Semedo is also in his prime, has multiple international caps and was signed for 40m or whatever. If Dobbin can give as good as he gets against him on his first start, it's not a bad starting place.

I'm not sure he has that yard of pace required, that say Gordon had. He is quicker over shorter distances, and has good movement while being a good finisher. It's worth noting Gordon really kicked on that season, and Dobbin has a chance to show that upward trajectory, which involves making better decisions and being a little more clinical.

For me players such as Dobbin can be considered a success if we can sell them for 5M+.

Maybe we can get 10M for some of the better ones. Rinse and repeat.

If we get lucky some of them make the first team.

We really need to improve the production of academy players, either for profit or the squad.

Incredibly harsh comments here
One the worst team performances I’ve ever seen in that first half and we’re slaughtering a young winger whilst the tactic employed was hoofball?

Against Wolves he looked just like £40m starboy did - fast and direct and giving his full back problems. End product not there yet but I’ve still not seen that from Gordon either and wingers take time to get that final ball premier league ready. I think another loan would suit him and us but I’m not writing him off yet.