Life after Chang

Status
Not open for further replies.
mon-logo-home-callout.jpg

Sorry to say that we are incomparable to the RS.

They have a much greater global brand and following. I'm not an expert but I would feel that that they are undervaluing themselves too.

Hopefully with Mr. Moshiri it won't matter too much anyhow and the value will begin to build.

Like the always present but never promising significant other, we've been with Chang for over 10 years now. An underwhelming marriage that signifies a "you'll do" attitude, the partnership has symbolised more than a decade of under-achievement.

Our "lucrative" £5.3m-a-year (£16m over 3) contract extension with the Thai company has seen us climb up the kit-sponsor table to sit amongst the financial giants of Sunderland and Aston Villa (both on £5m-a-year) and behind the likes of the Championship's finest Newcastle and the lovable cockney benefit frauds West Ham (both on £6m-a-year).

The 3 year deal signed in 2014 will soon be entering its last year, so what do we think about new sponsors?

I hate to point to our Kopite neighbours, but their deal worth £25m-a-year is finishing this year. I have no doubt their next one will be upwards of £30m. Obviously no-one will be able to match the ludicrous £53m-a-year Man United deal with Chevrolet, but with our new overlord Moshiri and the promise of significant investment, should we be looking towards Spurs and their £16m-a-year sponsorship deal?

What should we be aiming for in terms of £-per-year? What can we expect?

Or should we all just slowly accept the inevitable announcement of a further Chang extension worth £6m-a-year?

Great point, and just like everything else weve seen since he joined the club i think he'll be just as ruthless with the sponsorship as he was with Martinez.
If we the fans can see that this deal isnt enough then surely his man on the board will see it too. I expect an increase on the current deal whether thats Chang finally paying us the right amount or us looking elsewhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.