Liverpool Senior Cup 2024

Furey1878

Player Valuation: £70m
Everton have an immediate bye into the Quarters of the Liverpool Senior Cup.

Just like this time last year, our opponents will be our Crosby Beach dwelling neighbours and last years champions, Marine AFC. We took the U18s last year and in a literal Men against Boys affair, Everton were defeated 4-1, highlights from that game below. I've reached out to the club to see if they can confirm whether we can expect to see the U18s or U21s tonight but no response.

Being local to Marine these days, I'll be in attendance tonight, always good to see what talent we might be able to look forward to and more importantly, tickets are dirt cheap and you can take your pint out into the stands with you.

Kick off is at 7:30pm tonight if anyone has nothing on and can make it to Crosby for the evening. Adult tickets are only £6 with reduced prices of £4, £3 and £1 for 16-20 and 11-15 and under 11s respectively, so an excellent opportunity to get the kids out of the house tonight. Tickets can be purchased though Marine's website but you will also be able to pay at the gate from 6:30pm. There will also be a collection for Marine's womens' team. There is a cosy pub next to the ground called The Edinburgh and a newer place just a bit further down College Road called The Coop for anyone who likes craft beer. That said, any extra money you can put into non-leagues clubs can make real tangible improvements to them, so I encourage anyone who does attend to stick money behind their bar if they can!

The competition has an interesting history, albeit now just a youth competition for Everton.

Will be posting updates in here for anyone who is remotely @rsed.

Up the youth-level and likely to never feature for the first-team Toffees!

Attachments

• 1707840801664.png
    1707840801664.png
    150.8 KB · Views: 10
I'll be there. Taking my six year old, don't mind him being up too late cos it's half term.

As stated, the bar in the ground is decent and the club could do with all the financial help it can.

Yeah been massively improved by that FA Cup game with Spurs. To be fair to Spurs, I believe all the away fans who would have went donated the cost of their ticket to the club and have since had a pre-season friendly with them to help the club further generate some much needed dough.

….scored a few goals on that Marine pitch back in the day (and had a few drinks in the bar), just saying. Looking forward to some feedback on the game.

2nd half about to kick off, 2-0 Marine, first goal was from a smart cross from the byeline and the second was following a scramble in the box. No stand outs in a tough rainy evening in Crosby.