Match Thread Liverpool v Everton, FA Cup 3rd Round, Friday 5th Jan 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would you partner Gueye with Snides or McCarthy? I'd go for McCarthy he didn't well tonight but Snides do ok to.
Pickford

Kenny - Holgate - Williams/Jagielka - Martina

Bolasie - ??? - Gueye - Lookman

Sigurdsson

Tosun
I suppose it depends on what we're looking for. For more productivity it'd be out of McCarthy & Davies and for more presence it'd be out of Rooney & Schneiderlin. We certainly have options, it's just finding the right balance.

We should complain to the FA about the racist comments towards Holgate, it's obvious he said something racist to Holgate, I've never seen a player react so angrily to a comment since Lukaku and Sakho. If these players and teams don't get punished, it will just go on forever. FA interested in Anti racism, my backside.

We should complain to the FA about the racist comments towards Holgate, it's obvious he said something racist to Holgate, I've never seen a player react so angrily to a comment since Lukaku and Sakho. If these players and teams don't get punished, it will just go on forever. FA interested in Anti racism, my backside.
We should deffo lodge a complaint

What do we do with Rooney though? He's our top goal scorer, our best player on his day but he also has matches where he is a complete liability.

Just take him off like we did today? We have a really good squad. The bunch of meffs are all underperforming but it's still good quality.

For me, performance wise, that was a 50% improvement on the league draw. FFS we were never going to win the cup this year. Players will take a lot out of that performance. Hopefully the manager will too.

It was 50% better Fred because that's how piss poor we were in the league game.

We were miles better tonight, thing is though they looked miles worse and we still couldn't beat them and still only managed one shot on target. That's just not good enough for me mate and the 2 areas where we were piss poor were the 2 areas that should have been sorted at 12.01am 1st January 2018 and we would be sitting here now saying that was a decent win. We are playing with inferior players like Cuco, players who have had to play too much like DCL yet there's 2 players we had to pick tonight for starters.

It's all ifs and buts, it's always ifs and buts isn't it mate so just ignore me, im highly pissed off at that defeat so probably not seeing anything positive like others might do mate.

Pickford

Sigurdsson

Tosun
I suppose it depends on what we're looking for. For more productivity it'd be out of McCarthy & Davies and for more presence it'd be out of Rooney & Schneiderlin. We certainly have options, it's just finding the right balance.
Sam does seem to like to rotate so we have a fair few options, we now have a focal point in Tosun so let hope that really sorts things out, the midfield choice may not be a problem if Sam goes out and gets Nzonzi.

For me, performance wise, that was a 50% improvement on the league draw. FFS we were never going to win the cup this year. Players will take a lot out of that performance. Hopefully the manager will too.

Agree. Think the manager is very near to knowing his best side and will have learned a lot since his arrival. Still believe he will be setting up more attacking minded teams now as it is what he has to do to have any chance of a contract extension.

Doesn't matter a jot if his goal scoring record is poor. He had 2 options....shoot or pass. The ball sat up nicely to be hit so he did. Bet you if he passed and if we didn't score people would be crying that he should have shot so hindsight has a lot to do with it.

He had two options, he chose the worse option. Nobody is crying, nobody would be crying if he chose to pass. Passing would have given us a better chance of getting a last minute goal though.

Pickford

Sigurdsson

Tosun
It's a squad game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back