Match Thread Liverpool v Everton, FA Cup 3rd Round, Friday 5th Jan 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

We’ve been drawn back into a relegation battle so Sam has his reason (excuse) to play a weakened team in the Cup like he’s done all his career. Then again... do we even have a strong/weak eleven?

Need to go into the game with some Ambition. Klopp will be thinking he can win this with a weakened team. Can see Coutinho, Mane and Salah all being missing. Take their goals out of the last few games and the results look very different.

Pickford
Kenny Holgate Jags Martina
Gueye McCarthy
Lennon Rooney Sidurdason
Dcl

Convinced that what Sam will play.

4-0

Allardyce rested Kenny, Jagielka, Gana, Lennon, Sigurdsson and Calvert-Lewin yesterday.

Rooney and McCarthy have started in 1 of the Christmas games, Holgate in 2 but Martina in all 4.

Perhaps he does want to put on a better display at Anfield.

I don't think we should go all out attack and leave ourselves wide open at the back, but I would like to see us play
a side with pace and get players in the box. We saw Bolasie putting in crosses to no one yesterday, so let's give him and
Vlasic someone to look for. Niasse, preferably, imo, and Siggy and Rooney somewhere just behind.

We'll probably lose anyway if we play for a draw, so why not show some pride and have a go.

There will be no excuse for not fielding as good a team as we can on Friday night.

There are eight days after that until we play Spurs.

Sam has form in disdaining cup ties and putting out weakened teams.

This will not be acceptable to Evertonians this week.

Need to go into the game with some Ambition. Klopp will be thinking he can win this with a weakened team. Can see Coutinho, Mane and Salah all being missing. Take their goals out of the last few games and the results look very different.

Not a chance klopp will field a weekend team after the last time we played them. Both will play full strength and we will be dry bummed to oblivion.

I don't think we should go all out attack and leave ourselves wide open at the back, but I would like to see us play
a side with pace and get players in the box. We saw Bolasie putting in crosses to no one yesterday, so let's give him and
Vlasic someone to look for. Niasse, preferably, imo, and Siggy and Rooney somewhere just behind.

We'll probably lose anyway if we play for a draw, so why not show some pride and have a go and still lose.

There. Fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back