• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Liverpool vs Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barca will terrible, They just didnt look at the races.

When it was nearing the final whistle they seemed to just pass around like it was the 13th minute :mellow:

Hope Liverpool get Chelsea :P

May have won by one goal but Barca were never really at the races. As for toothy in the bandana did he look like a multi, multi million pound player, no way. Quite a lazy arse IMO.

This isn't sour grapes and it is something I have thought for a long time, a win is a win, whether it be 3-0 or 1-0.

Liverpool won away and so did Barce, why Liverpool go through is beyond me... they both lost at home.

The away goal rule is a farce, like I said I'm not just saying this because of this game but I have thought it for a long time.

Please forward all emails regardings this valid point to;

SeppBlatter@UEFA.com

Please use the word '[Poor language removed]', 'cheating'. 'Collina is a cock' and 'one rule for Liverpool and one for everyone else' in any prospective email.

Get behind the campaign lads.

The problem is Rob, several of the ties were decided on away goals. Bayern knocked Real out, Valencia knocked Inter out (literally in some cases) and of course Liverpool beating Barca. I suspect in the eyes of UEFA that means the rule is a success.

With them having got passed Barca by getting beaten at home and now drawing PSV in the quarters I really fear dame fortune is smiling on the [Poor language removed] yet again:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: There is no justice in this old world,

An English side really should win it this year. Of the teams left in, PSV and Roma are poor, and Bayern and Milan are nowhere near what they have been. Valencia will prove a test for Chelsea but they're undoubtably favourites.

With Serie A in such a mess and the big teams in Spain so off form it's been a really poor tournament thus far.

An English side really should win it this year. Of the teams left in, PSV and Roma are poor, and Bayern and Milan are nowhere near what they have been. Valencia will prove a test for Chelsea but they're undoubtably favourites.

With Serie A in such a mess and the big teams in Spain so off form it's been a really poor tournament thus far.

Reading between the lines Bruce are you suggesting that this year a fortunate fourth rate prem side might be in with a shout?:shock:

I'm afraid so. There aren't any side in the competition that really frightens you with their talent. Even Man Utd play a lot more defensively in Europe than they do in the PL. Of course Liverpool will probably have to play Chelsea in the semi-finals and I can't see them winning that.

as much as i dislike the idea, its a man ure treble im hoping for, simply because it could mean extra cash in our cofers come the summer, and what a summer this could turn out to be. on a related point, rooney is slowly notching up england caps/appearances, we are due cash at 20 and 40, so there is extra income there too.

and just to be contencious - a man ure vs red-[Poor language removed] - final would be glorious so long as man ure win.

as much as i dislike the idea, its a man ure treble im hoping for, simply because it could mean extra cash in our cofers come the summer, and what a summer this could turn out to be. on a related point, rooney is slowly notching up england caps/appearances, we are due cash at 20 and 40, so there is extra income there too.

and just to be contencious - a man ure vs red-[Poor language removed] - final would be glorious so long as man ure win.

Would be even sweeter if the Mancs were losing 3-0 at half time....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back