2018/19 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he probably had his poorest game for us last night.

Wasn't just his crossing, but he kept getting caught and was partly at fault (alongside all the other defenders) for their goal.

Doesn't mean he needs replacing, or dropping or whatever. Just an off day.

Over Christmas, though, I'm sure Baines will get a run. He'll need to.

How can you fault a player’s delivery if the reason it never went in was because of the player attacking it? I know it’s early but use your brain.

Chill big man, Digne historically has a very low goal and assist record compared to LB, which is what we have been talking about. I said Baines would have had assists/goals last night, once again people act like I killed a baby. For me, Digne is a better defender but not as good going forward, this season so far, backs that up.
No biggie.

Needs to work on his set pieces delivery

The whole team needs to work on corners more to be fair. It's just not acceptable that we're so poor at them

If it's not the delivery that's bad, it's the person who meets it can't get a header on target.

It's really poor, and an area that Marco needs to address really. Because the amount we win, we should be scoring 2-3 per-game!

If it's not the delivery that's bad, it's the person who meets it can't get a header on target.

It's really poor, and an area that Marco needs to address really. Because the amount we win, we should be scoring 2-3 per-game!

I don't know mate, Digne had a number of shocking deliveries last night

It was mostly his fault

Still valid to say the rest of the team need to improve, but Digne was generally mince on set pieces last night

Thread has jumped a whopping 6 pages in a couple of hours after his first bad game... When the previous 63 pages of good form took 3 and a half months, at an average of 1/2 a page a day.

State of this forum.

I don't know mate, Digne had a number of shocking deliveries last night

It was mostly his fault

Still valid to say the rest of the team need to improve, but Digne was generally mince on set pieces last night

I meant in general mate. It seems we either deliver a bad ball that doesn't beat the first man, or a good ball that our defenders get their 50p heads on and send wide.

If Digne has a knock would that be a better idea? I dunno, at least with Leighton he can hit a corner which none of them looked able to do tonight.

No he can't! He hasn't been able to for years. More floated in crap whilst our players mark themselves out of the play.

We don't need to "work on set pieces", it's a myth all that. At the risk of sounding a bit Allardyce. Just belt the ball in and attack it. It is one of the most straight forward things in football, don't overthink it.

Chill big man, Digne historically has a very low goal and assist record compared to LB, which is what we have been talking about. I said Baines would have had assists/goals last night, once again people act like I killed a baby. For me, Digne is a better defender but not as good going forward, this season so far, backs that up.
No biggie.

Yeh I agree he’s better at defending than attacking; that’s been his reputation long before us. But you can’t dismiss all his deliveries as poor just because another player can’t be arsed finishing them.

He had a bad game so I would rest him against Watford and bring him back against City. Every player has bad games he has in the most part been good this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.