Lucas Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
efc__1253214719_elstone450.jpg

How big is Elstone's head?

Initially BBC reported 1 year + a three year deal. At West ham 30k a week that was a difficult proposition. A 1 year deal is just right though, so fair play and expect him to fit in well. Hopefully he will do the kicking of the Kevin Davies' and James Beattie's of the prem too, because Christ knows we have absorbed a few too many bully tactics in recent seasons.

Did anyone else scratch their heads at the end of the window about the free transfer Moyes was hoping to add to the squad (in his comments about loans and free transfers) - makes me think this may have not been as reactionary as it seems.

Did anyone else scratch their heads at the end of the window about the free transfer Moyes was hoping to add to the squad (in his comments about loans and free transfers) - makes me think this may have not been as reactionary as it seems.

Maybe, I reckon that was just Banega tho, them trying to grind it out as late as possible.

Honestly thought it might've been Michael Ball.

Glad it's not though, Distin can probably manage well enough at LB if need be - hasn't Dinyar played there for Russia as well?...

Neill's a decent signing, along with Heitinga he definately add a bit more bite to the side which we've been lacking really since Carsley, Gravesen & Ferguson have left.

Other than the odd moment from Neville, it's just been Cahill that really gets stuck into people, Fellaini's just clumsy and the rest are more likely to be on the receiving end of the strong arm tactics (basically all the midgets) or aren't aggressive enough (Jags, Yobo, Distin, Yakubu, the kids etc)

Means a few more card & freekicks, but more importantly, it stops teams from bullying us around and outdoing us physically.

I always thought he was a useful player, I admired him when he was at Upton Park, and snubbed staying on there, and turned down Liverpool as well I think to come here. What a smart guy. Joining up with Cahill may have played a part. Pleased we got that player, could of been Viduka instead. :huh:

He's not a bad player and as long as we aren't paying 60K/week for him like WH did its a decent signing. Not as good as Distin and I'm not too sure he's better than Yobo though.

How much is he making anyway?

EDIT: just found out 40K. which seems a bit high.

Last edited:

I dont think Neill is as good as Hibbert besides he's just coming good and if he gets regular games he will score soon, please don't take him off Moyes. It is Hibbert's season.

EDIT: just found out 40K. which seems a bit high.

Considering what he was asking (60k) I don't think we should be complaining. I reckon our boy Timmy has a lot to do with this signing. I hope he gets back to his form of the 06 World Cup because if he does he'll be one of the best Right Backs in the Premier League. He was sensational that tournament.

I dont think Neill is as good as Hibbert besides he's just coming good and if he gets regular games he will score soon, please don't take him off Moyes. It is Hibbert's season.

I absolutely 100% disagree with this. Neill at his best is twice the player Hibbert is.

I absolutely 100% disagree with this. Neill at his best is twice the player Hibbert is.

Dont knock Hibbert, he just takes a while to warm up. He's been getting better he's like a good wine that gets better with age. I think Hibbert should be captain in Nevilles absence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back