Lukaku vs Sturridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the moment Sturridge is probably a better player (his ability to play 90mins is beneficial) but Lukaku is going to go on to far greater things.

At the moment we've got young players who have been compared to Drogba and Cristiano. Let's enjoy them while we can.

Sorry to post this, with it being more about DS than RL, but I hate that he actually seems like a likeable guy.
That dance is aids though and so long as he's playing with the mongrels i'll not wish him well in any circumstances
But credit where due. I guess. Shut up Sturridge. Wouldn't trade Lukaku for him ever.
Anyone online here threaten him at Tesco by any chance?

Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge has claimed his header in Saturday's Merseyside derby will force him to do his supermarket shopping elsewhere.

The 24-year-old came off the bench to grab a last-gasp equaliser and tie the score at 3-3 in the captivating clash at Goodison Park.

However, Sturridge has revealed that he will now have to avoid the Tesco store in Liverpool city centre, after being warned of the consequences a goal would bring by an Evertonian member of staff.

He told the Liverpool Echo: "The guy on the checkout in the supermarket told me he wouldn't serve me if I scored so I'm not going in my local Tesco for a while now.

"Maybe I'll pop in next week just to check whether he's okay and to see whether we can move on from this."

Sturridge was named among Liverpool's substitutes for the game, after Brendan Rodgers dropped him amidst concerns over his fitness.

During the game, he faced the usual verbals from Everton supporters, which have become part and parcel of derby fixtures over the years.

And the England international admits his goal celebration was aimed at those who had previously given him stick, whilst he was warming up.

He added: "I celebrated where I did because the fans were abusing me the whole time I was warming up, so it was only right that I went down there and gave them a bit back.

"It's all about the banter. It was nothing personal. Sometimes you get the opportunity to return the favour and I got the chance to do that on Saturday."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...733?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Lukaku is the bigger talent in terms of potential, but Sturridge is the better player right now methinks. He seems pretty clinical and seems to be the only guy playing for the red****e that isn't an absolute utter bell.

Then again, that dance...

Very different players, one can only imagine Chelsea's attacking threat now had they kept the two and paired them together.

Sturridge is arguably the more clinical in front of goal, however Lukaku's presence is fearsome and very much Drogba-esque. Those comparisons will plague him his entire career, if he can be half as good as Drogba then Chelsea will still have some player on their hands.

It will be a chore to see him leave the club at the end of the season

Sorry to post this, with it being more about DS than RL, but I hate that he actually seems like a likeable guy.
That dance is aids though and so long as he's playing with the mongrels i'll not wish him well in any circumstances
But credit where due. I guess. Shut up Sturridge. Wouldn't trade Lukaku for him ever.
Anyone online here threaten him at Tesco by any chance?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...733?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Yeah funny that.

Very different players, one can only imagine Chelsea's attacking threat now had they kept the two and paired them together.

Sturridge is arguably the more clinical in front of goal, however Lukaku's presence is fearsome and very much Drogba-esque. Those comparisons will plague him his entire career, if he can be half as good as Drogba then Chelsea will still have some player on their hands.

It will be a chore to see him leave the club at the end of the season

I'm sure you'll be quite pleased

I've met him personally and he's unfortunately pretty sound haha , definitely less arrogant then sterling

Did you ask what that dance is about?

Everytime I meet a footballer, I always ask what the **** do they spend all that cash on? Mirallas laughed at me and looked at his car.

Status
Not open for further replies.