Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its all fine and good people say we are not creating anything for him, but Naismith doesnt seem to be having any problems making smart runs and getting in the right areas, even when hes playing as our attacking mid. So maybe Lukakus movement just isn't good enough to pull teams back or offer an option for a through ball?

I said all summer for me we needed to do what liverpool did last season, buy another pacy striker/winger and play a 4-3-3 with Rom through the middle and mirallas and a remy on the other side opening up space to thread balls in from the wings into lukakus feet
#

Maybe that's the role Martinez hoped Atsu would fill, and if it worked, to either buy him or a similar player next season.

You can’t coach a player on how to control a ball.. This are abilities you are born with so u either got it or you don’t.. He hasn’t got it sadly and saying his only 21 is just refusing to face facts that we have spunked our 28m up the wall.. He can still be a decent player for us but he won’t be the world beater many on here keep going on about. Wonder if Martinez still thinks he was a bargain, who is he kidding costa is a bargain.

Where is that gem of coaching wisdom from? You absolutely can coach it, and Lukaku's said in interviews that that's something they're specifically concentrating on in training.

Where do you get this rubbish from we are paying 28m unless Lukaku turns out to be utter [Poor language removed] in which case we will still pay a huge chunk of that. Saying that is just wishful thinking on your part

Pretty clear (and someone said on here that they were sitting near a footballing big cheese at a match recently - can't remember who - and they confirmed it) that the £28m is with the fulfillment of whopping add-ons - goals, CL, the works. I'd say the base price is probably £20m, and even that will be spread across a few seasons. It suited both Chelsea and Everton to publish the highest price - why do you think it was widely publicised from official sources as opposed to being the standard 'undisclosed fee'? I understand you're annoyed atm mate but go have a nap or something.

I am concerned. Seems to me that the over riding opinion is that Rom needs everyone fit to enable him to play well. We're having stinking luck with injuries at the moment. Can't keep going on saying 'once X, Y and Z are back he'll be banging them in'. What if we never get back to full strength?

That was just an embarrassing performance, my levels of fume with him were so high with him today that my tv started shaking with fear midway through the second half.

#

Maybe that's the role Martinez hoped Atsu would fill, and if it worked, to either buy him or a similar player next season.

Where is that gem of coaching wisdom from? You absolutely can coach it, and Lukaku's said in interviews that that's something they're specifically concentrating on in training.

Pretty clear (and someone said on here that they were sitting near a footballing big cheese at a match recently - can't remember who - and they confirmed it) that the £28m is with the fulfillment of whopping add-ons - goals, CL, the works. I'd say the base price is probably £20m, and even that will be spread across a few seasons. It suited both Chelsea and Everton to publish the highest price - why do you think it was widely publicised from official sources as opposed to being the standard 'undisclosed fee'? I understand you're annoyed atm mate but go have a nap or something.
I don't know how it's to our advantage that others think we have 28M to spend and on someone who seems disinterested in putting himself about

I don't know how it's to our advantage that others think we have 28M to spend and on someone who seems disinterested in putting himself about

There was a big old media furor at the time about 'statement of intent', which was the idea I guess. It was definitely on purpose anyhow otherwise it'd have never have been announced from the club like that. Not saying it was necessarily a good idea, just that it was the idea.

There was a big old media furor at the time about 'statement of intent', which was the idea I guess. It was definitely on purpose anyhow otherwise it'd have never have been announced from the club like that. Not saying it was necessarily a good idea, just that it was the idea.
Getcha. Don't know if it was a great idea though!

#

Sorry mate no offence I just wish he will shut us up and start smashing them in

Sorry mate no offence I just wish he will shut us up and start smashing them in

Absolutely with you there mate. Haha.

His control and touch have been neglected in his younger years because his size made up for it. He and all the coaching staff know that if they crack it, he will be amazing. They'll be working on it 7 days a week, he takes his training super seriously (he's got a personal chef and everything this season), there's not much more we can ask for really. Just gotta give support and hope it comes good.

Absolutely with you there mate. Haha.

His control and touch have been neglected in his younger years because his size made up for it. He and all the coaching staff know that if they crack it, he will be amazing. They'll be working on it 7 days a week, he takes his training super seriously (he's got a personal chef and everything this season), there's not much more we can ask for really. Just gotta give support and hope it comes good.

All well and good, but he did cost £28m which should put him in the same bracket as Rooney, Van Persie, Diego Costa etc.
At the moment he looks to be nowhere near as good as any of these players. Add to that that he also looks unfit, I would suggest that he needs to sack his personal chef and start taking his training even more seriously.

All well and good, but he did cost £28m which should put him in the same bracket as Rooney, Van Persie, Diego Costa etc.
At the moment he looks to be nowhere near as good as any of these players. Add to that that he also looks unfit, I would suggest that he needs to sack his personal chef and start taking his training even more seriously.

Rooney: £300k a week.
Van Persie: £250k a week.
Costa: £150k a week.

Lukaku: £75k a week.

Nowhere NEAR meant to be the same bracket. Costa was only £32m because of a buyout clause too. If we're basing players on their finances, Lukaku is a bracket or two lower than all those names you mentioned. Chill.

Edit: Christ looking at the United striker wages reinforces what an amazing bit of business Costa was.

He's a big man. They generally don't do a lot of running and pressing. He's never going to be Suarez.

But he definitely should be holding players off better which has nothing to do with his touch which has improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back