Luke Garbutt

Try to keep him, or let him leave ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a squad. Baines is still the best LB at the club, Garbutt will get plenty of chances to play too. Baines had to sit on the bench for 12 months after arriving for 6m from Wigan where he was an ever present. He didn't make the position his own till he was mid twenties. Oviedo can play a number of roles too. All positive for me, especially when UTd have just forked out 30m on potential.

I love baines and he is special but for me if an offer was on the table I would flog him for around £15 mil and have Oviedo and garbutt with £15 mil for a top quality winger/forward, with baines near 30 it would be the right time to reinvest with us having a quality ready made replacement and a good youngster as backup imo I think without pienaar and in RM's system in general baines isn't as effective/important as he was under moyes.

Im gonna say it we played some of our best stuff with Oviedo at LB last season.
Always agreed with that too sadly.

Garbutt looked great yesterday! Very promising, good to see some great youngsters coming through.

Talk of flogging baines though!? Give your heads a wobble!!

Baines -> League LB
Oviedo -> Europa LB
Garbut -> Capital/FA Cup LB
Will need a rest every now and again. Rotate them occasionally . More than able deputies. Give Garbutt two or three league games by the end of the season. Everyone happy. Easy this manager lark.

Hi some of you may have read my polite post about selling Bainesy just above this. Well he I am again to say anyone wanting to get rid of the best LB in the country is either a red, home on day release or knows [Poor language removed] all about footy.

Hope the fact he was on the bench today means that he has got over his groin injury, was doing really well in preseason up till then. With Oviedo probably out until September and Baines having a delayed start due to the World cup, think he'll get quite a bit of playing time especially as a sub.

Any news on new contract? Free to leave at seasons end. Rate him massively.

Don't worry, mate. If he's turned down more than one big offer from United (when they were actually good) he won't be running his contract down to leave on a free.

He'll sign whenever we offer him one, whether that's tomorrow or in months, I'm sure of that.

Would put every penny I have on him finishing his career here or going back to Wigan, say, if he gets too old for our first team.

Don't worry, mate. If he's turned down more than one big offer from United (when they were actually good) he won't be running his contract down to leave on a free.

He'll sign whenever we offer him one, whether that's tomorrow or in months, I'm sure of that.

Would put every penny I have on him finishing his career here or going back to Wigan, say, if he gets too old for our first team.
errrrmmmm, have another read of the thread title mate

Mate I hope so.

Given how Chelsea are using Azpilicueta (natural right back playing left) hopefully Oveido is used as Coleman's back up freeing up opportunities for Garbutt. Needs to play this yr.

Mate I hope so.

Given how Chelsea are using Azpilicueta (natural right back playing left) hopefully Oveido is used as Coleman's back up freeing up opportunities for Garbutt. Needs to play this yr.

I don't know about that, myself. Think right footed players are generally better with their left foot than the other way round, but Oviedo deserves playing time and Stones at right back doesn't fill me with confidence.

Very strong at left back though, aren't we? Nice problem to have with two good players and a very promising kid in one position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back