Match Thread Luton Town v Everton - Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nope. Still don’t get the Luton love in. Couple of good players. No plan or patterns whatsoever. At least Leeds lost in interesting ways, running around a lot, man-buns aplenty.
They remind me of Stoke a bit. Every player has 1 thing they can do. Somehow they have this reputation of being a fabulous footballing side. I didn’t really see that. I think the media just like them because there are often goals at their games. They have had 29 league games this season where they scored and conceded.

Mate, one fella was 'not watching the second half' because we weren't wiping the floor with them. I can't imagine what these people would have been like when we were the best team in the country, and we struggled against UCD.

Even after three seasons of being terrible there’s still fans with this arrogance that we should be wiping the floor with certain teams. Anyone in the prem can cause problems for anyone. Coventry gave United a game even when 3-0 down. It’s just entitled arrogance and it doesn’t help us at all considering we’ve got very little talent to back it up.

It’s odd that a few weeks ago Luton were definitely going to beat us to send us down and now some people expect us to have wiped the floor with them. Are we crap or aren’t we? Can’t have it both ways. Dyche is terrible apparently yet there’s an expectation we should batter teams ont shot own patch. Both things can’t coexist and be true.

To be honest, with our safety in the bag, I thought we may have relaxed a little and played like the 1970 Brazil team, instead we played more like a 2024 Alan Brazil. Still good to not lose and pick up a point away from home though.

Gave my MotM to Jarrad Branthwaite, thought he was pretty solid again.

Not really sure why Chong was being raved about? In his position it’s all end product and I saw none.
He kept messing up through balls which is unacceptable at this level yet Carragher kept saying how well he was playing and gave him MOTM 🤣
Pathetic stuff really. Chermiti did more in ten mins than that clown running fast and getting nowhere
Any actual neutral watching that game give MOTM to Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back