Match Thread Luton Town v Everton - Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

It's getting on my nerves, more than it should lol, the amount of Experts who are predicting Everton to lose, because for the simple reason we are safe. I've even seen one say we will lose because of our recent record at Luton. We havent played them in the league there for over 30 years and we won lol, if anything you could twist it and say the pressure is off, which could lead to Luton making errors with the pressure been on them

I'm really looking forward to this match.

The players will be up for it, I'm confident of that.

We''ll win this. And the Sheff Utd game.

Six wins out of the last seven and finish on 42 points (50 for the season). That'll be a fantastic return in this season of all seasons. That's the motivation.

I'm really looking forward to this match.

The players will be up for it, I'm confident of that.

We''ll win this. And the Sheff Utd game.

Six wins out of the last seven and finish on 42 points (50 for the season). That'll be a fantastic return in this season of all seasons. That's the motivation.

Luton vs Everton​

Clavert-Lewin

Luton have won just one and lost 10 of their last 14 league games, yet are favourites for this game. That immediately looks wrong, with the market leaning too much into the 'they need to win' factor. Everton are finishing the season with a flourish, and should get chances here against a desperate and vulnerable Luton side who have shipped 1.94 xGA per home game this season.
But instead of backing an Everton result, I'm going to take DOMINIC CALVERT-LEWIN TO SCORE ANYTIME, with the Englishman fit and raring to go after being rested last weekend. Goals are like buses if your process is good, and that's been the case for Calvert-Lewin, who has scored three in his last four after going 23 without a goal despite averaging 0.52 xG per 90 this season.
He looked a threat in behind during the Merseyside derby and you'd expect he'll get space to operate in here with Luton pushing, while the striker poses a real threat in the air and from set-pieces, an area the Toffees should have joy on Friday. Let's hope the buses keep coming.
Score prediction: Luton 1-3 Everton (Sky Bet odds: 18/1)