Main Site, Please Vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Would you like a main site attached to these forums? The current 'home' page is obviously not good enough at the moment, I could either improve that the best I could or go all out and with the help of a professional (obviously at a cost)

What do you all think? Would you rather the site stayed purely as forums or would you like a top quality main site added to the site?

Really need opinions on this lads because it wont be cheap.

Just for now Danny keep it as it is, let the user base grow and let the "main page" almost develop itself over time as more volunteers want to write previews, reviews and news.

Thats my 2 cents anyway.

Upvote 0
Just noticed this before leaving.

I think it is important to retain a link, preferably to TW, but only if we are the exclusive site, personally I want no association whatsoever with a certain party who now rules over a ghost town.

Upvote 0
You realise that you have at least two (and probably more) web developers amongst your members?

From experience, I would have said that the problem would not come with the structure or design of the site, however, but with the demands of providing the content. However much I dislike Michael Kenrick's point of view on occasion, they do a bang-up job of keeping the site up-to-date and interesting. The only quibble I would have with the main TW site is that they lose track of some of their subsections (like history and results archives) but otherwise it is one of the most professional jobs that I have seen done on an amateur site.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I think we could do with improving abit of the site really, its really good at the moment and i love it here but putting more forums on for more talk and other things to bring in members to compete with others like nsno and tw?

Up to you Danny.

Upvote 0
Getting members is the big thing. Have you guys thought of having a Myspace account? I'm sure there are lots of Everton fans on there and if you posted up match reports or a forum digest of the best threads that week it would get people visiting.

I created an account for my environmental website last winter and it's got over 4,000 subscribers now. www.myspace.com/theenvironmentsite

Upvote 0
You realise that you have at least two (and probably more) web developers amongst your members?

From experience, I would have said that the problem would not come with the structure or design of the site, however, but with the demands of providing the content. However much I dislike Michael Kenrick's point of view on occasion, they do a bang-up job of keeping the site up-to-date and interesting. The only quibble I would have with the main TW site is that they lose track of some of their subsections (like history and results archives) but otherwise it is one of the most professional jobs that I have seen done on an amateur site.

(y) (y) (y)

Upvote 0
I reckon [Poor language removed] it. Lets go out and make it into a proper site.

You've got some decent article writers on here (me not included). You could have [Poor language removed] such as 'Monty's Memory Lane', 'Suits' Septic Shouts' or 'The Pleasure of bumming with MickNick'.

Upvote 0
I reckon [Poor language removed] it. Lets go out and make it into a proper site.

You've got some decent article writers on here (me not included). You could have [Poor language removed] such as 'Monty's Memory Lane', 'Suits' Septic Shouts' or 'The Pleasure of bumming with MickNick'.

I would have thought you were the perfect person to write that article ;)

Upvote 0

I'm the only Don't mind vote so far. mainly because i don't really know what impact it would have on attracting more quality members. If it would help, by improving search engine rankings, then yes. Otherwise, is it really worth the effort, hard work, etc?

Do we want to improve search engine rankings, Danny? If so, we need to get as many links to the site as we can, even from totally unconnected sites. I can probably help a little there.

Upvote 0
Cheat. Use an RSS feed for popular everton news sites or google news to link off to other sites news stories (publishing RSS feed links on your home page is fine as they are notifications and links to the original sites). It will get you so far for now, but in the future (its too early atm) we should aim for hooking up with an everton news site and the members that want to, contribute to that.
Trying to become a news website is not as easy as just making a webpage, its generating fresh, interesting constant content that is the challenge!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back