Main Site, Please Vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Would you like a main site attached to these forums? The current 'home' page is obviously not good enough at the moment, I could either improve that the best I could or go all out and with the help of a professional (obviously at a cost)

What do you all think? Would you rather the site stayed purely as forums or would you like a top quality main site added to the site?

Really need opinions on this lads because it wont be cheap.

seems weird as no one seems to get along but the sites are together lol

to be fair, without the editorial opinions, its a fantastic site in itself, fact and feature wise, its totally top notch.
Thats why I go back occasionally.

But unfortunately Micheal, kermit whatever is so insular about everton, as he confesses himself, he has no interest or reason to care about any other club, and has lost complete perspective about where we stand,and what is happening at the club.

he has complete tunnel vision about his own opinions, and although he will endlessly deny it, he DOES edit and cunducts peoples posts in the mailbag, I myself and someone else on there who I email occasionally are always having points just left out of our posts, that he just doesn't agree with, although he'll say it was edited for grammar, but to leave whole paragraphs out, i dont think so.

He called me a daft tw*t in the mailbag because 2 weeks into the transfer window, they were all getting het-up slagging everything off and spewing bile, i said wait a few weeks before your up in arms, and I'm a 'daft t*at'.

fast forward a few weeks and everyones, but toffeeweb is happy.

He wont post anything of mine anymore, and I've pretty much resorted to flat out insults anyway, its just more fun than ignoring him, its cathartic.

It just seems to me Knowingly or unknowingly a lot of the people at times in the mailbag are influenced by his hackneyed opinions and agree before they've even thought about it for themselves, and fawn over him.

he's an absolute tool!

(y)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GrandOldTeam: We like to share.

If we keep on getting results even TW will be forced to concede that we're boss.

We made us, not them remember that one and all. It seems to have become something of mill stone being associated with TW, I no longer bother myself because it is [Poor language removed] and imo delibeartely so for effect, now that is sad.

Kermit the tool does have a ring to it I must say:lol: :lol:

Upvote 0
Think we'll have to review our association with TW soon.

The main problem lads is I dont have the time to run a full site, I cant do the news, every match preview and report etc.

I'd much rather be assigned to TW than have a half arsed attempt of our own website.

Upvote 0
danny, what difference has it made since being affiliated with TW?

has there been much change in traffic?

I really do understand the reasoning for going with toffeeweb, time constraints, site promotion etc, and I sympathize.

It seemed to me at the time, that habitual TW users tend to use the comments box on the mailbag anyway.

To make the tie-in worthwhile I would have thought it was down to them to go back to the old mailbag with just MK's/lyndon/colm's responses.
But then I suppose this place really would be full of constipated whingers who cant vent 'on' TW anymore.

Upvote 0
ToffeeWeb has replaced the visitors we got from NewsNow etc.

Since the merge with TW, guests spend longer on the forums and registration per visit is up quite a bit but in terms of total visits per day, we're actually down... that was expected though.

As far as am concerned, this is everyones site, not just mine and Dylans. If people want a full site then yeah i'll sort that no problem, but then its down to people contributing because I just don't have the time to run a full site.

Upvote 0
I suppose the thing is for most on here, they dont care either way about toffeeweb, but some of us treat them with complete disdain.

In a way its probably a positive thing for people to come here and see a generally more balanced view than when they spend time on toffeeweb.

I can live with being associated with toffeeweb, but occasionally i just feel the need to inform/remind people that Micheal is a tool!!

Halewood blue was right....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back