Match Thread Man City v Everton - Sunday 21st November 2pm. Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are now a 'routine' win
1637580807960.png

We are now a 'routine' win
View attachment 146395

Yesterday we played one of the best teams in Europe, if not the world, at their own gaff.

We kept them out for 43 minutes.

It required a 100% sublime pass and finish to finally break the deadlock (We have to admit that).

The second goal from 10 yards outside the area was the kind of shot that no GK in the world was gonna save. He'll never do that again if he lives to 100.

The third goal was a good block on the shot, BUT, it dropped exactly in the right place such that the Man City player didn't even need to change stride to put it away from close in.

Of the three goals, we were opened up once. The other two were not exactly flukes, but not exactly finely crafted moves either.

I was expecting to see us totally 100% mullered, but that was not exactly the case. Man City will demolish a lot of teams this season.

Stay positive...

I’m beginning to think that if we continue playing so poorly, relegation could become a reality ? So instead of thinking we need three teams worse than us, we may have to begin praying.
Despite everything we have been in even worse situations than this! However, I would definitely encourage you to begin a short conversation of ? with anyone you know up top so as you don’t appear as a complete stranger in March!!!!!

Next match we are potentially missing:

Mina
Holgate
Davies
Gomes
Doucoure
Gray
Richarlison
Calvert Lewin

Is this another area where Benitez’ ideas are archaic?
That 8 would comfortably beat any 11 he puts out. That's without a keeper too. I'm not even joking. That's the problem we have with our squad. Blame the manager all you want. It's years and years of terrible signings and not replacing players.

Edit to say: I'm sticking Davies in goal.

Yesterday we played one of the best teams in Europe, if not the world, at their own gaff.

We kept them out for 43 minutes.

It required a 100% sublime pass and finish to finally break the deadlock (We have to admit that).

The second goal from 10 yards outside the area was the kind of shot that no GK in the world was gonna save. He'll never do that again if he lives to 100.

The third goal was a good block on the shot, BUT, it dropped exactly in the right place such that the Man City player didn't even need to change stride to put it away from close in.

Of the three goals, we were opened up once. The other two were not exactly flukes, but not exactly finely crafted moves either.

I was expecting to see us totally 100% mullered, but that was not exactly the case. Man City will demolish a lot of teams this season.

Stay positive...

Just for context.

A few weeks ago Crystal Palace played one of the best teams in Europe, if not the world, at their own gaff.

And kept them out for a whole 90 minutes.

Plus they scored two goals into the bargain.

Yesterday’s meek, spineless performance must not be shrugged off as a matter of fact, routine, “expected loss”.

I do try to stay positive….but it is getting harder with this bunch of clowns on the field and the ringmaster on the sideline whom sends them out with neither fire in their bellies nor a plan how to play.

Just for context.

A few weeks ago Crystal Palace played one of the best teams in Europe, if not the world, at their own gaff.

And kept them out for a whole 90 minutes.

Plus they scored two goals into the bargain.

Yesterday’s meek, spineless performance must not be shrugged off as a matter of fact, routine, “expected loss”.

I do try to stay positive….but it is getting harder with this bunch of clowns on the field and the ringmaster on the sideline whom sends them out with neither fire in their bellies nor a plan how to play.
DId they have the level of injuries that we have had, though...?

Status
Not open for further replies.