Manager Choice - Why Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes wouldn't leave West Ham mid-season, and honestly I don't think he should leave them at all he's building something there.

No ta, even if he was still begging for the job like a few years back.

Another yesterday's man who's having one last hurrah this season, plus he shat all over "little" Ev when he flirted with Fergie and utd.

Move along, move along.

I actually think he would entertain the idea, but he is under contract and at a club that would have no intention of letting him go.

Changing manager in-season can be difficult and we are past the stage now where we can poach managers from clubs well above us in the league, coming into February.

It's Lampard or Pereira, and needs to get done asap.
Or...... Leave Dunc in there, pray for survival and set things up to go get him as soon as the season closes ?

No ta, even if he was still begging for the job like a few years back.

Another yesterday's man who's having one last hurrah this season, plus he shat all over "little" Ev when he flirted with Fergie and utd.

Move along, move along.
Yeah take your point, fair enough although One last hurrah? Not so sure, he's 58 and is having his second good season at West Ham. My main worry is WHO else then.. I don't like any of the candidates being discussed and If they come into the club now, give them 4 months into next season and they'll be sacked. ?

Really nice and well put-together argument, but I can't see Moyes coming back in the current situation. Why would he when it's such a complete and utter shambles. West Ham have a really competitive team and it will re-build his reputation post Everton years. I also think it will be another appointment that will divide the fanbase. Again he would have to hit the ground running and would be given no time to bed-in. I don't think you're wrong about it being interesting to see what he would do with a bit of money to spend but at the the same time there's too many who remember the negative tactics against the so-called big teams and won't ever want to see him back. I personally would still rather see us try someone like Rudi Garcia or Diego Martinez with recent success under their belts, but again those appointments will never happen under the current board and ownership.
Agree its unlikely he'd come back and split fan base. Truth be told I can't bear the idea of season after season, money down a black hole, Manager after Manager.. Its so depressing. And worse is to come because just like Spurs and Arsenal, 'Great stadium, shame about the crap team' ?

We missed our chance with Moyes, everyone was laffing and turned their nose up at him when he was last suggested and he openly said he wanted to come.

Looks who’s laughing now.
Yeah,
I'm not sure if this is true but I remember reading that Moshiri wanted Moyes back but Fanbase/board didn't like it, so he looked elsewhere. When it came to Benitez and the backlash he apparently said I did what you wanted last time, this time it's my choice! Not sure how true that was.. ?

Yeah,
I'm not sure if this is true but I remember reading that Moshiri wanted Moyes back but Fanbase/board didn't like it, so he looked elsewhere. When it came to Benitez and the backlash he apparently said I did what you wanted last time, this time it's my choice! Not sure how true that was.. ?
Could be mate, I’ve heard from very good sources that it wasn’t Moshiri who wanted Rafael, it was “someone else”, not Bill.

Can imagine the convo...

"Davey. Remember how you saved Everton from relegation and then painstakingly rebuilt the team over 11 years with no money? Fancy doing it all over again"

Status
Not open for further replies.