Manager Choice - Why Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A great post other than the fact that we have ZERO chance of tempting him here, we cannot even tempt potter, let alone a guy who is likely to end up in the CL, with a great ground, great squad, new owners and investment. Why the actual **** would he come here??

We missed our chance with Moyes, everyone was laffing and turned their nose up at him when he was last suggested and he openly said he wanted to come.

Looks who’s laughing now.

And instead Everton got Ancelotti. Which at time looked like an amazing appointment. While Moyes stock was arguably the lowest in his managerial career

Agree its unlikely he'd come back and split fan base. Truth be told I can't bear the idea of season after season, money down a black hole, Manager after Manager.. Its so depressing. And worse is to come because just like Spurs and Arsenal, 'Great stadium, shame about the crap team' ?
Let’s just hope we can turn it around. The current squad is pretty dire but if we can somehow stagger to the summer and survive then maybe the new man will turn it around. We need to bring in quality young players who will fight for the shirt. Let’s not watch as we’re yet again linked with the dross that teams just want rid of. Would love to see us pick up some gems that we’re all then surprised by. Tim Cahill was a prime example under Moyes. Moyes just didn’t believe we could go toe-to-toe with the big guns when we probably could have. I’m just praying we somehow get this one right.

I started following Everton because of Moyes and the way personified the "People's club". Unglamorous man going about his job doing things without hue and cry. Yes he made mistakes with the ManU thing, but then as countless people have posted who doesn't make mistakes. If the reports are true (and I have no clue if they are) that he wanted to come back before we got blinded and blindsided by Ancelotti, I think he WAS ready to face the fan fury. "Fans" keep on harping about lack of trophies in his time here, but as somebody has mentioned earlier, we are hardly anywhere near now are we? At least we did not have to worry about loss of hair (by fall as well as by clutching) in those days.

He is the exact type of a manager that we need right now (kinda reminds me of the Dark Knight thing, hero Gotham needs but doesn't want thingy :p).

I am sure he is not even entertaining the thought of coming to Everton, but if pigs could fly... I would want him here, absolutely.

EDIT: Forgot to mention: Nice opening post mate. It was well thought out and studied. Appreciate it. ?

Let’s just hope we can turn it around. The current squad is pretty dire but if we can somehow stagger to the summer and survive then maybe the new man will turn it around. We need to bring in quality young players who will fight for the shirt. Let’s not watch as we’re yet again linked with the dross that teams just want rid of. Would love to see us pick up some gems that we’re all then surprised by. Tim Cahill was a prime example under Moyes. Moyes just didn’t believe we could go toe-to-toe with the big guns when we probably could have. I’m just praying we somehow get this one right.
Totally agree. Part of my argument for Moyes was his ability to find a player. I also truly believe he has learned how to go up against big teams. I think leaving and his experience has taught him how better to have a go at the bigger teams. His results against top 6 are better since he left. ?

I started following Everton because of Moyes and the way personified the "People's club". Unglamorous man going about his job doing things without hue and cry. Yes he made mistakes with the ManU thing, but then as countless people have posted who doesn't make mistakes. If the reports are true (and I have no clue if they are) that he wanted to come back before we got blinded and blindsided by Ancelotti, I think he WAS ready to face the fan fury. "Fans" keep on harping about lack of trophies in his time here, but as somebody has mentioned earlier, we are hardly anywhere near now are we? At least we did not have to worry about loss of hair (by fall as well as by clutching) in those days.

He is the exact type of a manager that we need right now (kinda reminds me of the Dark Knight thing, hero Gotham needs but doesn't want thingy :p).

I am sure he is not even entertaining the thought of coming to Everton, but if pigs could fly... I would want him here, absolutely.

EDIT: Forgot to mention: Nice opening post mate. It was well thought out and studied. Appreciate it. ?
Thanks buddy. I wanted him back after Martinez left.. I didn't want Ancelloti because frankly, it wasn't a serious job for him. I understand why fans did it obviously but when I saw the 'Carlo Magnifico' banners all I could think was... 'A big job will pop up, as they do regularly at PSG or Milan or Madrid or Chelsea and Bang... He will go.... Guess what, he did.
I truly believe that if pitched correctly (in terms of support/board/freedom to choose how to work) he would come back in the Summer. Of course it seems this board can't pitch or think of anythind that makes sense so yes highly unlikely..

You're a brave man Andy and you've gone to a lot of effort. After all the supporters have been through and seeing what Moyes has done at West Ham and seeing how hard he's worked at restoring his reputation he would probably make the ideal candidate but as others have stated he would be crazy and it's not going to happen.
You are probably right.... But it shouldn't stop the question being asked. If he is given the right pitch, set up, support and idea of the future... I think he would I really do. As I said when I wrote 'War & Peace' to start.. If you spend 11yrs somewhere you are attached, have love for it, it doesn't go away entirely. It didn't end badly either.. Man Ure job did.
Best way I can explain it is... I think Moyes went to Man U because he wanted to be the next SAF, that was his aim but it was not to be. I think at Everton he can be his VERY OWN SAF... but for us.. A Legend.
P. S I was never this romantic with my X-wife ?☺️?

It illustrates how far out of touch we are that some think Moyes is realistic. We campaigned for him to not come back last time and now we’re desperate he’s suddenly going to come running? That’s without mentioning that he’s currently in 5th place with a good West Ham side.

He would be a fool to return now.
You might be right. I for one didn't campaign for him not to come back.. I never wanted Marco Silva, he was boring, lacked personality and was a Championship Manager, decent but not good enough.. Anyway I'm just ranting now ??...

And instead Everton got Ancelotti. Which at time looked like an amazing appointment. While Moyes stock was arguably the lowest in his managerial career
Before we had a chance of Ancelotti we was turning our nose up at DM.

Let’s have it right we have all tuened on Ancelotoi aswel calling him a traitor for bailing going to Madirid, like we did Moyes going to United, like we have turned on every manger in the last 20 years.

Loyalty goes both ways and we are poisonous, I’ve never been more disconnected with the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.