Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looking for the positives, we're in the same position as before the game. But Luton lost in their supposedly easiest home game, while we lost in our supposedly hardest away game. Still depressing tho.
Think we played well players stuck to the plan and kept the shape. Has given me more confidence with more players to come back,

We were knocking the ball quite nicely at one point towards the end from the back. Just when we get towards the final third we have no creativity. I look at forest and Luton and they have goals in them but awful defences.

We are the opposite
Last season we didn't have a striker to put the ball in the back of the net. Now we have options but are sticking with the one that currently can't put it in the back of the net.

I understand trying to play him into confidence but it's not happening for the lad. Time to try and mix it up and see what the others can do. Need doucs back too.

We were knocking the ball quite nicely at one point towards the end from the back. Just when we get towards the final third we have no creativity. I look at forest and Luton and they have goals in them but awful defences.

We are the opposite
Been the same all season. Although we did go on a little goal rush at some point. Not sure how this will change. But it does feel strikers shoulders dropping more and more each week

You're right. Most of those local fans from the 90s have been priced out and replaced by tourists. Sad to say that City have become like united with all the tourists.
Not quite true. We have 36000 ST holders and lots of them are older blues who've seen the bad times. I think we may attract between 5 to 8 thousand tourists for league games and upto 15000 for CL games. Lot's ot City fans have been priced out because it's become too expensive for many. And our owners love tourists because they spend more.

I mean, they are, they're huge in relative terms but they are the ultimate 'product'.
A real club seems to have been taken and replaced with a consumer product.
It all sounds bitter on my part but I really don't see the attraction in what city have become.
I dont even hate them like my irrational hatred of Newcastele.
They jus exist, their only purpose, to stop Liverpool racking up titles.
They've become the ultimate 'meh' club.
You do have point there, we have! We've become like what we despised at united, a money making machine. Local Mancs used to be appreciated, not anymore. Rich tourists( customers )are more important than us legacy supporters, unfortunately. Every year except one ST and match tickets have increased. I binned my ST off 2 years ago because i couldn't afford it. I still go when i can though.