Match Thread Manchester United v Everton - Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Everton beaten 5-0 over the two games against man utd this season. 3 penalties. Everton with 47 efforts on goal 12 on target. Man utd with 24 efforts 12 on target in the 2 games
That shows you where the issues lie. I know everyone is piling in on Dyche but we don’t seem to have the killer instinct and the players have got to be better in this area. The irony is I’ve seen far worse displays in the certainly the last 5 seasons than we are currently showing. I would be very apprehensive of us sacking him right now.

That second half was a difficult watch. It didn't actually look like anyone belived we might score and as it went deeper into the half we kinda gave up a bit. I thought Doucoure was just edging Beto for donkey of the day, but Godfrey put in a performance in the second half that's going to get him a move to Blackpool beach. Embarrassing.

We both know it my friend. I'm just saying that this is the only way I think we could stay up under this clown.

This side should be comfortably finishing between 12th and 15th in the league, yet Dyche has convinced everyone that he's the genius and it's just that we have terrible players. They're not great, but they're better than this.

He plays Godfrey knowing he can't go forward because he thinks he gives us defensive solidity, yet we have been crap defensively since he's been back in and he has been directly responsible for most of the goals conceded. Yet, won't play Patterson because he's 'not good defensively'. Surely anyone with a brain therefore plays Patterson knowing he may cost us a goal occasionally, but will also contribute up the other end, instead of Godrfrey who screws us at both? Or split the difference and play Coleman?

Honestly, Dyche is one of the biggest morons I've seen in football. Really is.
I think fewer and fewer people are falling for his schtick now. There's still a good few clinging on but if you look at the threads where the cheerleaders are it's the same 4 or 5 people posting incessantly rather than lots of supporters. You can't go 11 games without a win, at any club, without being doubted.

That second half was a difficult watch. It didn't actually look like anyone belived we might score and as it went deeper into the half we kinda gave up a bit. I thought Doucoure was just edging Beto for donkey of the day, but Godfrey put in a performance in the second half that's going to get him a move to Blackpool beach. Embarrassing.
Doucoure, Godfrey and Harrison all had shockers

12 according to a quick google.

1 away now!
Failed to score in 11 games this season, only Sheff Utd have had more....

10 games left, time is running out and this club is sleepwalking to disaster.

If we go down it doesn`t matter who owns us because we will be fighting for our very existence, we will be the next Leeds and we will not be back for decades.

They are okay at best, we made them look great - first half and early second any attack resulted in a chance for them and they had more of the ball. Past that they just shut up shop and let us try to play, which everyone knows we can't and don't know how to do with Dyche.

It went how I expected. They'll give you chances and if don't put them away, they'll get their own.

See when they played Fulham at home

It went how I expected. They'll give you chances and if don't put them away, they'll get their own.

See when they played Fulham at home
Well we should've probably somehow thought of a way to make this work then, instead of playing for another draw.

It's not feasible to rely on "we created 1 good chance" a game for a whole season - yeah they sometimes go in in bundles like the 6 shots/5 goals game at Brighton last year, but most of what happens is scoring 1 or 0 goals a game.

Wonder what's the longest we've gone without a win in a season?
In the PL, looking at past relegation campaigns we had 8 and 7 game winless runs last season under Lampard and Dyche

Year before we had an 8 game winless run under the FSW

03/04 we had a 7 game run under Moyes

01/02 we were on a 6 game in the league that saw Smith sacked

97/98 we went 8 games under Kendall

94/95 Walker went 12 league games without a win from the start of the season that saw him fired

93/94 Jimmy Gabriel’s caretaker run saw no wins in 7 after Kendall’s resignation, Walker went 6 without a win later in the season

Nice bit of warm weather training coming up for our hard working heroes.

Should be gutting that I’m made up theres no Everton for a month, but it isn’t, I’m just relived I get a break from it all. Well, aside from supporting any team playing the other relegation candidates of course, kin exhausting.

Kenwrights leagacy.

Just listened to Dyche's interview. He's deluded. 23 shots, half of them went to the last row of the stand. No threat whatsoever. We are miles away from scoring