Match Thread Manchester United v Everton - Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We looked alright for most of the game, it's only when we get into the final third it all goes awry and we seem afraid of damaging the goal.
If Seamus was fit I would have preferred to have him starting with Patterson substituting for him if necessary. Godfrey isn't a full back. We need to see more of the lads from the U21s. They would show more spirit at least.

I went for Jarrad Branthwaite for my MoM yet again. Man U were rubbish today and there for the taking by a competent side. We were beaten by two totally unnecessary penalties.

Spot on. Was at the match today and our build up play was as good as it has been this season. Coleman or Patterson would have had a field day if the ball had found either of them in the space that Godfrey was given by Man Utd. And when he fed Harrison, like the last few matches, he was unable to get his cross past the first defender. Went for McNeil as MOTM, he was good today, especially in the first half.

As you say, Utd really were there for the taking today and most teams would have put then to bed. Sadly we can't hit a barn door.

I didn't see the game, just some lowlights. I also read some match reports. It seems like the same old story. Play OK but have nobody that can put the ball in the net. Oh how we would love to have Lukaku now. I know he had some haters but my God he knew where the net was

Thought McNeil at least was a little more back to his old self,at least kept trying to drive us forward.
hey you guys why have you closed the United thread on the world football , today we we were very average and you had some good chances but we got 2 pens and won , but im not sure why you would close the Manchester United thread to replies ,
ii suppose your upset today but its only footy talk . i hope you stay up definitely but dont let people speak ffs

Such a weird one today. Was watching the lads shooting practice before ko and I swear I’ve never seen so many shots ballooned into the stand. McNeil and Harrison almost decapitated a couple of Mancs on more than one occasion. Knew then it wouldn’t bode well for the game.

But even at 2-0 I never felt like we were out of the game. We’re just tragic in front of goal. Haven’t seen the stats but the amount of our shots that were “blocked” by defenders must be near a new record.

And the amount of individual brain-farts and shocking decision making across the whole team was unreal.

Oh, and Harrison is ‘kin AIDS at football.

Spot on. Was at the match today and our build up play was as good as it has been this season. Coleman or Patterson would have had a field day if the ball had found either of them in the space that Godfrey was given by Man Utd. And when he fed Harrison, like the last few matches, he was unable to get his cross past the first defender. Went for McNeil as MOTM, he was good today, especially in the first half.

As you say, Utd really were there for the taking today and most teams would have put then to bed. Sadly we can't hit a barn door.
I agree with most of that. Harrison and Doucoure aren’t providing that quality in the final third where we need it. Good chances should be great chances. I was pulling my hair out at the positions Godfrey was finding himself in and the lack of quality from him was Stark. I would have given Patterson a run out and I would have given Chermati 15 minutes more aswell to give us a chance of looking at him. Harrison is not doing it at the moment and needs taking out the firing line and I also think we need to bench Godfrey and play a more natural fullback on that side.

Had to listen to the first half travelling back from Sheffield and watched second half. We hammered them for most of the game AGAIN like most games couldn't finish our dinner and 2 brain farts lose us the points. They will of walked off that pitch (united players) wondering how they come away with a win its getting beyond stupid how we haven't won more games now.

The 3 players that can come off with their heads held high for me is Pickford who made a couple of decent saves branthwaite who again just looks head and shoulders above most defenders in this league and mcneil who I thought had a very good game