Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three years left on his contract.

We held all the cards. Brands sold him anyway, for a knock down price.

No wonder he cant sell worse players than Gueye.
I’m not a huge Brands critic, I do however believe he seriously needs to start doing better and isn’t this “god” people on here see him as. The fee for Gana massively irked me, he was our most important player and arguably the best player at what he did in Europe and we sold him on the cheap with time left on his contract. We had to get more for him imo.

The DOF sets the style / formation and philosophy of the football club.

We were pretty much 4-2-3-1 then Usmanov comes in and slaps his big knackers on the table and appoints Ancelotti who then goes with 4-4-2 in which Brands meekly accepts this no questions asked.

The whole thing is strange atm - I do think if we dont bring in top quality over these next 2-3 windows his position will be under threat
Maybe Carlo seen what he had to work with and decided 4-4-2 was the best option .
Maybe it will change next season
Ricarlison DCL and Kean is not a bad front 3

A couple of solid signings and 2 points from the last 6 would have been 6 points.

He's been as incompetent as the players, Silva, the waffle that comes from the board.

No good getting deadline day signings in when about 6/8 points have been chucked away.

1st Jan we needed recruitment and a couple of fresh bodies in to help with the load and mix it up a bit.
carlo said he wanted to wait to assess the squad

If he manages to sell Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin in the summer and we get actual cash for the pair of them I’d advocate giving him a permanent honorary role at the club, would even protest to have one of the stands in the new stadium to be named after him. If he gets cash for Davies too then I’ll just let him have his way with me as a bonus.
If Brands is not up to the task @Bungle may help you out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back