Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good posts Jimmy. You give clear reasoning to your thoughts and intelligently point out that many of the signings may prove good or could prove poor. And that existing players may improve or go backwards,

To give any criticism to the team or management (unless we have just lost 2 games 3-0) on this forum is seen as some sort of heresay.

Stuff like `right its time Holgate stepped up, he is first change at centre half'. `Hes never done anything wrong, still improving'.
This is horrifyingly naive stuff. The lad was bang average in the championship last year (thats why no one at that level wanted to pay a few million for him) and was exposed massively at prem level the year before.

Looks like Silva is downbeat at the press conference today. Thats all you need to know, He knows if Gbamin isnt another Gueye our centre defence will be smashed to bits by the top 10 teams and we will lose points against the bottom 10 and he will probably lose his job.

Holgate started 4 games in the premier league last season. Not sure 4 games can constitute being "found out massively" It is just as conceivable that he had a bad run.

He did well at West Brom. Nobody came in for him as I assume he was not up for sale.

You mean like sigurdson, Walcott, tosun Ramirez, niasse, schneiderlin, bolasie, klassen, mina, Williams, Shani tarashaj ( oh yeah).

You mean like those players
He probably does, and as he said. Not good business(we didn't pay over market value for Ramirez though he was a steal, but sadly we then overpaid him to compensate).

Looks like the young evertonians of today have turned into the kopites of old.

Arrogant, close-minded, unable to debate with reason/clarity and having the inability to see anything wrong at a club that has stood still for years and will continue to do so next season despite huge investment in players/wages.

Bore off, everyone knows what you are, you aren’t fooling anyone

Looks like the young evertonians of today have turned into the kopites of old.

Arrogant, close-minded, unable to debate with reason/clarity and having the inability to see anything wrong at a club that has stood still for years and will continue to do so next season despite huge investment in players/wages.

Lad, think we are all just a bit cured of mouth foaming, ranting lunatics like yourself.

You have zero idea of what goes on behind the scenes at he football club yet here you are, banging on about everything that is wrong with it.

Coming across as rather unhinged.

Been a good window would have liked zaha and anothe cb but is done now time will tell, excited to see how the new players fit into the team and we have a strong start to the season coyb

Its the only press conference I will watch all year.

The one before the first game of the season.

If your manager isnt upbeat then and have positive body language you know you are bang in trouble.

He looks like a man confused, tired and pessimistic before a ball has been kicked.

He talked about the magnificent things Gueye did for the team and that he had a list of centre halfs but unfortunately the club brought in none.

Keeo burying your head in the sand boys. This season is almost certainly going to be another painful one.

I do thing Silva seems a bit frustrated by the recruitment achieved, and mentioning net spend suggests he feels we could have dug a little bit deeper for some of his targets.

Brands has the long term interests of the club at heart and will be more willing to accept another transitional season than either the fans or Silva. A bit like politics the civil servants (Brands) do what is right whilst the public (fans) and the politicians (coaches) want what is popular/ good for them. It would have been better for Silva and the fans to splurge a £100 million on Zaha and a CB, would it have been good for the club if it meant falling foul of FFP regulations or a balance sheet that made it impossible to raise funds for the new stadium?

I still think we should have got a CB, it is as big a failure as not getting a striker after Lukaku left.

Its the only press conference I will watch all year.

The one before the first game of the season.

If your manager isnt upbeat then and have positive body language you know you are bang in trouble.

He looks like a man confused, tired and pessimistic before a ball has been kicked.

He talked about the magnificent things Gueye did for the team and that he had a list of centre halfs but unfortunately the club brought in none.

Keeo burying your head in the sand boys. This season is almost certainly going to be another painful one.
Obsessed with us enough to come on here cant balme you must have been boring seeing you only bring in a gk and still not get a forward, your manager already making excuses on money game times as he has seen other teams inprove

Unless things pan out like last season and we finish 8th despite good seasons for richarlison and Digne And So they decide they want to leave, and we have to start the whole bloody process all over again...

You’re going t be forever disappointed then. Everton’s model under Brands involves selling players for good profit to reinvest and further improve by spreading the money across more players. I wouldn’t be be surprised to sell Richardson next summer if he has a good season no matter where we finish, but we will make a healthy profit which will be reinvested.

So its been a good window. We have a good manager, excellent director of football.

Where do you all think we will finish this season and how many points.

All the betting models, firms, analysts think we will stay the same about 8th about 54 points.

I think we will probably be a bit worse than that, they have underestimated how precarious our centre position is going to become.

So its been a good window. We have a good manager, excellent director of football.

Where do you all think we will finish this season and how many points.

All the betting models, firms, analysts think we will stay the same about 8th about 54 points.

I think we will probably be a bit worse than that, they have underestimated how precarious our centre position is going to become.
Think you’ll probably finish behind both City and Spurs if I’m honest

You’re going t be forever disappointed then. Everton’s model under Brands involves selling players for good profit to reinvest and further improve by spreading the money across more players. I wouldn’t be be surprised to sell Richardson next summer if he has a good season no matter where we finish, but we will make a healthy profit which will be reinvested.
Yes I understand that. My post was in response to someone saying we wouldn't need to bring in first choice players next summer; I was disagreeing and saying we would. You seemingly agree with me, but are framing it as if you don't. I'm not sure why?

I do thing Silva seems a bit frustrated by the recruitment achieved, and mentioning net spend suggests he feels we could have dug a little bit deeper for some of his targets.

Brands has the long term interests of the club at heart and will be more willing to accept another transitional season than either the fans or Silva. A bit like politics the civil servants (Brands) do what is right whilst the public (fans) and the politicians (coaches) want what is popular/ good for them. It would have been better for Silva and the fans to splurge a £100 million on Zaha and a CB, would it have been good for the club if it meant falling foul of FFP regulations or a balance sheet that made it impossible to raise funds for the new stadium?

I still think we should have got a CB, it is as big a failure as not getting a striker after Lukaku left.

Any centre back we brought in was only going to be cover for Mina and Keane, which created a problem as they would have known that.

People forgetting we paid 30m for Mina, finding it a bit odd he’s deemed not good enough and needs replacing and is only good enough for back-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back