Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

this last window has thrown Silva right under the bus ...

no CB or striker ??!! Brands knew what he was doing alright

You work with what you got, it’s hardly a pub team. Shame the manger hasn’t worked out his system doesn’t work no matter how many games you try and play it.

Mina and Keane were Silva’s first choice so don’t really understand this cry for a centre half.

mostly because its very rare, esp for a CB not to be injured during the season. we had 3 last season for good reason … but we obv didn't need one after giving zouma back and losing our best defender (tackler) in Gana

we are much much weaker... Brands has done a job on Silva

what do you think @davek

Last edited:

just a thought here ..

maybe Brands 'disasterous' window was just a ploy , to get silva out.

maybe Brands had no fiath in him at all, but Moshiri insisted he gets this season , so Brands didint deliver the CB and forward needed.

stranger things have happened

Stop drinking and posting at the same time Frank

mostly because its very rare, esp for a CB not to be injured during the season. we had 3 last season for good reason … but we obv didn't need one after gib=ving zouma back and losing our best defender (tackler) in Gana

what do you think @davek

Brands' hands to Silva this since last season:

No CB replacement for the best CB we had last season; two new CM who are crocked and about as useful as a chocolate fireguard, and sells Gueye.

That's more or less constructive dismissal.

Mina and Keane were Silva’s first choice so don’t really understand this cry for a centre half.
Its a stick to beat Brands with, last season we mostly had Keane and Zouma or Mina and Keane a few times, but now we seem to want 3 CB's, yeah we do need another one as Mina really isnt that good and yes I do know Keane makes mistakes, but its not a spot we have no one, just one we would like to up grade. Besides if Brands did buy one he would just be getting the same treatment as Kean, left out, not buying a CB really isnt an excuse for 1 to 11 being awful.

Who would win, the team that Brands built or the team that Walsh/Martinez/Moyes built?

Pickford
Coleman - Keane - Holgate - Baines
Snides - Davies
Walcott - Viking - Bolasie
DCL

Lossl
Sidibe - Mina - Gmblammo - Digne
Gomes - Delph
Rico - Iwobi - Bernie
Kean​

You've been generous adding Moist's players in there. Swapping them for Walsh's picks of Cuco, Williams and Kenny would be fairer I think. That's an utterly bleak side.

Whoever the manager is come summer 2020, this man needs to pull his finger out and make sure at the very minimum we get;

Top class right back
Pacey CB, ideally two
Established 15-20 goal a season striker

We can't go into another season without these three positions being sorted.

How are we weaker at CB?

Before Brands we had Jags and Williams, now we have Mina and Keane.

Personally I think Gomes, Delph and Gmblammo is stronger than Gana, but I realise most wont agree.

We bought a world cup winning RB, so im not sure you can say it wasnt addressed.

And the 19 year old Striker is the best 19 year old in world football.

Brands will find the gems, to compliment the squad, currently the squad is rammed full of old players on massive money, hes been here 12months, so of course there will be gaps to address.

But we have added Digne, Bernie, Mina, Rico, Iwobi, Kean, Gomes, Delph, Gmblammo to the squad, I mean if people dont think those players improve us, im not sure what to say personally.

Im not saying we have a top 4 squad, we were never gonna have a top 4 squad in 12months, but its nowhere near as bad as some make out, people just wanna focus on the lack of CB and selling Gana and choose to ignore all the good thats happened. Of course thats down to most of the players playing like League One.

But on Saturday we had 5 Brands signings on the bench and bar Lossl, they all should have started.

I like Kean but really? Joao Felix springs to mind.

P
Whoever the manager is come summer 2020, this man needs to pull his finger out and make sure at the very minimum we get;

Top class right back
Pacey CB, ideally two
Established 15-20 goal a season striker

We can't go into another season without these three positions being sorted.
Pretty sure nearly every side is looking out for an established 15-20 goal striker. The hard part is establishing such a strike. Aside from Mitrovic, I don't see who can Everton get? Does he even score that many?

mostly because its very rare, esp for a CB not to be injured during the season. we had 3 last season for good reason … but we obv didn't need one after giving zouma back and losing our best defender (tackler) in Gana

what do you think @davek

But neither Keane nor Mina have been injured so far this season and we’re 18th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back