Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we question full control before the season starts? We’re currently stuck with a manager he didn’t appoint and an apparent divisive shortlist of replacements coming from all leading figures at the club.

All you can evaluate is the here and now not this lesson in hindsight.
But the point is surely that he's being given credit for good things, but as soon as something bad happens it's because he's not in control. He was in control when we thought it was going well, but he's not now that it isn't. It can't work like that.

He’s rich and he’s spent a lot of money on us but Silva was clearly his obsession so you wouldn’t put it past him to try keep him or to have his own choice of a replacement. Managerial sackings/replacements should be down to the DoF (with the financial go ahead from Moshiri).

Which is correct, he should be looking at replacement managers now and advising who needs to come in.

If it's Moyes, people will go " It's Kenwright blah blah blah blah "

If thats the case, the blame is with Moshiri and Brands should walk.

Or he is just incompetent...job is too big for him. This is not the Dutch league. He had weeks to look for managers and try to convince a good one to join us...and looks like he is not even able to do that...bill is more of a director of football than brand will ever be.

You realise you can’t sign good managers if they have no interest in joining ? The clubs been a mess for about 4 seasons with a rep for firing managers and being utterly gash. It’s a hard sell to someone with actual credentials.

But the point is surely that he's being given credit for good things, but as soon as something bad happens it's because he's not in control. He was in control when we thought it was going well, but he's not now that it isn't. It can't work like that.

Maybe from some. I’ve criticised the lack of an out-and-out striker and centre half depth but we aren’t privy to the details or the long term strategy are we.

I defend him in this thread because it’s full of nobheads that blame him for things like Kean not starting games.

Which is correct, he should be looking at replacement managers now and advising who needs to come in.

If it's Moyes, people will go " It's Kenwright blah blah blah blah "

If thats the case, the blame is with Moshiri and Brands should walk.

But you said he’s in full control already so under no circumstances could this happen, right?

You realise you can’t sign good managers if they have no interest in joining ? The clubs been a mess for about 4 seasons with a rep for firing managers and being utterly gash. It’s a hard sell to someone with actual credentials.
As director of football this is exactly your job...sell the club to the best players/managers. If you can't fo this then you're on the wrong job. The best director of football are those identifying those top futur players and convince them to join.

If he is not in full control that makes it worse for me.

He is just a yes man willing to sit back and take the money.

Or he quits and you get your answer. He doesn’t strike me as a yes man in interviews BUT I’m also not on a wedge like he is.

Walsh was very much out of his depth but you can guarantee he’d never have quit if we didn’t sack him.

Brands has said the squad can’t be overhauled and fixed in only 3 windows so I’m willing to be patient with him and I think he’s started constructing a solid squad.

I’m confident this side could beat the vast majority in the PL:

Pickford/New GK
New RB Holgate Mina Digne
Gbamin
Gomes Iwobi
Kean Richarlison Bernard​
Bit of a problem here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back