Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't really understand all the negative comments about Moyes. We are inthe relegation zone wit the most difficult set of games possible on the horizon...why wouldn't Moyes work his bollocks off to prove, even if it is only to the end of the season, that he still has the qualities to manage a top club...Silva has little or no incentive to turn things round and did the worst possible thing last night by turning on his players at the end of the game...that sort of judgement is for the dressing room not in front of 50,000 football fans live and however many more watched the live stream on Amazon. ..Maybe Moyes is not the ideal aplointment when one thinks in terms of the way he left to take over at Old Trafford but it is harsh to condemn him for what are being called "subsequent failures"when in truth the club's he joined were already more or less dead and buried. ..Moyes wants the job even though he probably knows he will be disapproved by a sizeable proportion of the fan base...that says a lot about the man...it tells me he is probably the one person, available at the mkmentwho can sort out the mess we are in

Because he is crap.

Just to confirm that Brands was indeed part of the meeting at FF.

Earlier Sky were not reporting that Brands was there. Apparently he is, trying to defend Silva. He obviously has no one else lined up, so Moyes might be the only candidate. A big loss of credibility for Brands,who is looking more and more like an abject failure as time goes on.

Earlier Sky were not reporting that Brands was there. Apparently he is, trying to defend Silva. He obviously has no one else lined up, so Moyes might be the only candidate. A big loss of credibility for Brands,who is looking more and more like an abject failure as time goes on.

Ahahahaha

No they weren't Steve, as we have explained several times. You know this, but I don't think you've admitted to being wrong after some time in 1974

But why would Moyes be good for that? This is the stumbling block for me.

Watch that "tactical masterclass" video of his on youtube and just think what the top or even mid table teams would to do to that set up.

He managed to take a championship winning side and tank them and he's been rubbish everywhere since.

If we are supposed to be building a long term, sustainable project here I just dont get where the day before yeaterdays man fits in.

But I remain confident it wont happen.
You cant build a long term sustainable project by signing the best guy "whos available at a bad time". You get it by signing the best guy, and in the middle of a season that person is rarely sitting around just waiting for your call. Hes successfully managing an actual team. I'm not saying I think Moyes is great, but what we need from the season now is someone who will(and be willing to) steady the ship for 6 months until we get the real manager. Its hard to do that in the middle of a season.

It isnt that Moyes is an amazing fit. Its that if we cant find a long term manager in 2 weeks, I think Moyes is one of the best fits for a short term stopgap until then. The other options are just worse, unless you can name someone who is better, and willing to accept a 6 month deal.

Exhibit A, m'lud....

hqdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back