2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol

Just watched that (at least the Everton half).

Just a puff piece with soothing music and players saying "he's nice", "he's stylish...he wears nice clothes".

How is anyone who's experienced his second season of folly reasssured by that?!

Carlo seems to be just from his positive words on their working together, oh I get ti you do not like the manager as well.

Blokes left us severly lacking up top and out wide where an injury to a massively inconsistent Walcott has us playing a RB out on the wing.

Oh and a gash central midfield and only 3 CB's.

Proofs in the pudding rather than some jarg tv programme.

Blokes left us severly lacking up top and out wide where an injury to a massively inconsistent Walcott has us playing a RB out on the wing.

Oh and a gash central midfield and only 3 CB's.

Proofs in the pudding rather than some jarg tv programme.

"Proof's in the pudding".

Well here's your proof showing Brands' squad under a competent manager:

Oh and as for leaving us short up front... 2 of the top 5.

DCL was here before Brands & Richarlison imo was a Silva signing as much as Martina was a Koeman one. Richarlison also was signed as a winger but has to play up top because we dont have a 3rd CF (other than Kean who's nowhere near ready and Niasse who's garbage).

Ancelotti is turning water into wine at the moment- if we somehow get Europe thats nothing to do with Brands.

Im willing to give Marcel the summer but if he doesn't sort himself out I would peddle him if I were the owners.

DCL was here before Brands & Richarlison imo was a Silva signing as much as Martina was a Koeman one.

Ancelotti is turning water into wine at the moment- if we somehow get Europe thats nothing to do with Brands.

Im willing to give Marcel the summer but if he doesn't sort himself out I would peddle him if I were the owners.
Agreed. I really question what he's done whilst here so far. Admittedly there's been a lot of deadwood to get rid of, but if it's not addressed in the summer, then time to go

DCL was here before Brands & Richarlison imo was a Silva signing as much as Martina was a Koeman one. Richarlison also was signed as a winger but has to play up top because we dont have a 3rd CF (other than Kean who's nowhere near ready and Niasse who's garbage).

It's well quoted Brands wanted Richarlison at PSV and regardless any signing when Brands is the DoF is a Brands signing.

Must be horrendous being wrong all the time.

It's well quoted Brands wanted Richarlison at PSV and regardless any signing when Brands is the DoF is a Brands signing.

Must be horrendous being wrong all the time.

Well I don't seek acceptance on the internet so wouldnt really bother me tbh.

You still think I was wrong on Marco Silva when I wasn't accepting your BS about transition season excuses?

Agreed. I really question what he's done whilst here so far. Admittedly there's been a lot of deadwood to get rid of, but if it's not addressed in the summer, then time to go
You can’t polish a poo,

Brands has been hampered with the quantity of dross brought in before him.
He has plugged gaps and made some great buys to boot.

i think he’s doing well, all things considered.

I look on with bemusement at the hate on here which I actually think is generated by a small numbe4 of posters. A whole load of negative stuff was thrown at Duncan Ferguson right up to him taking charge. How things have changed,

None of us know the actual constraints he is working with. None of us know his working relationship with Angelotti. None of us know anything about how he is working other than seeing the players he buys. Angelotti seems fine with him, and won’t work without the director of football.

Brands has a track record of signing youngsters who develop well. We have been banned from signing youngsters, so this aspect of his role has been blocked.

He,s having to deal with an avalanche of rubbish from the previous regime. We have players like Bolasie. Sandro, Martina and Niasse who are swallowing resource and are more or less unshiftable. None of this is Brands fault.

i will judge the role after we see the results of some of his younger player buys, because that is apparently his real skill.

As a general rule D's oF mostly outlast managers and Ancelotti isn't going anywhere for a while

Still think he won't fully come into his own until the summer after next when the final expensive signings of the Walsh era are gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.