2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t think it was anything to do with that. More of a case “oh we’ve appointed him, we know you hate him, but sometimes it needs a dramatic change to get where want to go”
...which in and of itself tells you who the real targets are with the Benitez contract.

I suspect heads will roll soon.

Everton social media carry on like unless you get the seal of approval from Brands you aint upto much.

The blokes literally a Dutch Kenwright. People would soon be moaning if we let him pick the manager it would be someone like De Boer or Cocu and see us in the bottom 3 playing slow sideways back "expansive" football.

He chose the managers in Holland with incredible success.

At Everton he hasnt chosen a manager and those Moshiri has picked have all failed.

Theres something to be taken from this...

Don’t think it was anything to do with that. More of a case “oh we’ve appointed him, we know you hate him, but sometimes it needs a dramatic change to get where want to go”

I put earlier on that it was Usmanovs nephew in shot with him. Feels very significant that. Walking next to Benitez too, not Denise. Be interesting he he takes a central role.

My state of arousal would hit peak levels if Big Usmanov booted Brands for his kin.

If im not wrong Usmanov's nephew is the DOF or something similar for the womens teams -- i think hes signed some of the best players around for record fees + sold for big money as well.

A coincidence?

If the rumours are true then he has a chance to move Sigurdsson on for £8.6mil. Bernard possibly as well to take us to £15mil for the pair.

Surely he finally has to start making actual sales now...

Says it all that there's no comment from Brands on the press release.
Evertonians. Spotting gaps and filling the void with ideas to confirm their own narrative. Mental.
All pointers say that he has resigned.
Do they? Really?
Suspect he will replace Marcel very soon.
Usmanovs nephew, who has been parachuted in to the ladies team, but actually to report back unfiltered. He will never be Director of Football.
Dead man walking

David Maddock (yes I know he’s a kopite meff) saying Brands was dead set against the appointment
"Whether Brands will quit remains to be seen, but his reluctance to put his name to the statement welcoming the new manager"

Absolutely no evidence anywhere he declined to add his name to the statement, or was 'dead set against' as you have conjured up yourself.

Brands will still be here until at least his contract runs out. He'll still identify and sign some players. The manager will also be indulged with a couple here and there. (though I doubt with the same level of freedom as Ancelotti)

If the rumours are true then he has a chance to move Sigurdsson on for £8.6mil. Bernard possibly as well to take us to £15mil for the pair.

Surely he finally has to start making actual sales now...
Ideally yes.

Problem is you need actual buyers, and more importantly a willingness from the players to move.

Not a chance Siggurdson moves to Saudi.

Ideally yes.

Problem is you need actual buyers, and more importantly a willingness from the players to move.

Not a chance Siggurdson moves to Saudi.

I think Brands should be speaking with his agent to encourage offers around €10mil for him....same for Bernard. If we end up with circa £15mil for the pair then that would be great.

Never know with players, if the Saudi club offer a high salary im sure it would be tempting...he only has a year left (same as bernard) and may fancy topping up his bank account.

Hopefully Silva gets the Fulham job and takes one or two of our deadwood players off our hands.

Marcel is at his front door screaming out the postbox for the board not to sign Benetiz hoping someone hears him.

Obviously sent in there to hammer home a mesaage to the club hierarchy at FF: work with Benitez or you'll be the one out of a job and not him.

Yes I also think sticking him from and centre, far more so than DBB with no Kenwright and indeed no Brands is quite symbolic (appreciate Brands is away but someone signed off him being away). Also putting Denise far out of shot. It's also a clear message to supporters looking on about who really runs the club IMO.

He chose the managers in Holland with incredible success.

At Everton he hasnt chosen a manager and those Moshiri has picked have all failed.

Theres something to be taken from this...

If im not wrong Usmanov's nephew is the DOF or something similar for the womens teams -- i think hes signed some of the best players around for record fees + sold for big money as well.

A coincidence?

He has done a really god job for the womens team, and secured external sponsors.

He has also sold a player for a record fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.