• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
plus points he tried a different formation ,players played with a bit of effort .
bad points , scored against from a set piece again that's something like a goal in in two thirds of the games he has been in charge of teams in the prem, managed just under 50 , conceded thirty odd.
I don't know if it's just me but surely its easier to win a header when your running onto a ball in, than when its coming across you like are defenders are facing, with this system. time and time again a player is running from behind are static defender , who even if they manage it jump, has the momentum of the player attacking against them, before they make a move. and normally its to late.
Another bad point is why does he continue to pick Walcott, don't like to single out a player . but his defending is none existent, fed up seeing him run into space where there is a player not making space and dragging the full back wide, he crosses like an 11 year old with about a 1 in three success rate, infuriating player because you can see flashes of real quality every now and again , and in fairness we don't play the ball into him fast enough at times when he makes a run, saying all that when was is last good game so why is he getting picked?

remenber terry curran?

Has it also not occurred to you that these players are the ones making those same mistakes?

Mina went off at ht v Millwall. Since then we've had the same CB pairing. Since then we've conceded pretty much two identical goals, as you rightly point out.

Look at the players that have been involved in most of our set-piece failures this season. Then tell me which two CBs we currently have fit.

I am not saying do not blame Silva - he deserves his part of the blame, fair and square. But these players simply keep making the same mistakes and Silva can have about as much impact in that individual moment on a player's decision as we can.

They can prepare all they like. They clearly do. It isn't being forgotten about or disregarded. Silva's supposedly had them in each day for double sessions to get the set-piece thing drilled in.
Defending set pieces isn’t just about the 2 CBs. Keane and Zouma are both decent in the air individually. The whole team need to contribute to defending set pieces though and for some reason Silva can’t get them organised, he’s clearly had similar issues before. It’s a problem that should be easily solved. We need a new defensive coach to work with them on it in my opinion.

What, and call the players out even more?

Mate, he gets slated when he talks about them, and slated when he doesn't. Can't win.

There's nothing more that he can say. He's said that they've tried man marking. He's said that they've worked on it in training. He's said that it sometimes comes down to the players needing to be more aggressive. All of which is true. What more is there to say?
He just doesn't know how to coach defending. All his teams in the past are the same.

Have we even come close to beating a half decent side this season?

This constant change of mangers needs to stop but is this guy one of worse we've had? he has zero passion or charisma i always zone out post game interviews same old generic cliche crap no wonder the players look bored

Has it also not occurred to you that these players are the ones making those same mistakes?

Mina went off at ht v Millwall. Since then we've had the same CB pairing. Since then we've conceded pretty much two identical goals, as you rightly point out.

Look at the players that have been involved in most of our set-piece failures this season. Then tell me which two CBs we currently have fit.

I am not saying do not blame Silva - he deserves his part of the blame, fair and square. But these players simply keep making the same mistakes and Silva can have about as much impact in that individual moment on a player's decision as we can.

They can prepare all they like. They clearly do. It isn't being forgotten about or disregarded. Silva's supposedly had them in each day for double sessions to get the set-piece thing drilled in.
It did, then I looked at his record at Hull and Watford, where he had worryingly similar poor stats. Hardly a coincidence, is it?

Said to my lad at the game "We actually look like we've got some shape and structure tonight" then Silva brought on Sigurdsson........

Another set - piece, another goal. We were lucky not to concede from another one, how Laporte missed with that free header from a corner, it was actually harder to miss.

Last edited:

What does he do now then? Silva said its become a mental thing so does he give up on Keane and Zouma for now, play Mina and/or Jags? Back 3?

We looked much better moving up the pitch today and the initial line-up suitted the 4-3-3 well which Silva should get credit for, but how much longer can he persist with these two?

Status
Not open for further replies.