2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
We needed a pacey CB mate whether that was Zouma or someone else. It allows us to play much further up the pitch without fearing being done in transition (as highlighted tonight). Again you can point the finger at Silva again for not adapting our play, which I do, but almost every decent side has at least one pacey CB these days. Hell even Moyes recognised this year’s back with Distin.

Even so, I think that's the problem with how the defence is set up in the first place which I feel Silva has zero clue over. Even Palace don't have pacy centre backs and currently sit in 5th.

Its only been tonight and the 2nd half against Leicester when we played a higher line to be fair. Most goals we've conceded stem from being sucked in and hit on a counter attack as the idea from Silva is to press further up the pitch.

In fact, we needed 2 more centre backs as I've never rated Keane and he's reminding me of his first season - when apparently he was injured. Well unless his leg is falling off, he looks exactly the same.

Just heard Andy Gray with the stats from this season - wow

Only 1 team has lost more games than us
Only 2 teams have scored fewer goals
Only 3 teams have conceded more goals

Why is our cfo and director of football gesticulating at each other
Brands: You can sack him.
Ryazantsev: No, it's your job. I'm not doing it.
Brands: But he's a nice guy. I can't do it.
Ryazantsev: Well I'm not doing it either.
Brands: Well, he probably deserves another few games to turn it round.
Ryazantsev: I agree.

Why, you ask? Because our board are spineless shithouses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back