Martinez making a bags of Barkley in the first 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue for you

Player Valuation: £8m
i can't in a million years understand why Roberto put Ross Barkley out on the wing on saturday
after the kids display again Q.P.R. in the centre why in gods name would he put him out of his best poistion for the southampton game. some say its for Barry to come back into the side but we are losing one of the best young talents in the game in Ross been put to the wing come match time.

its time Roberto bite the bullet and leave Barkley for 20plus games in his best poistion would Barca play Messi in defence would Real Madrid play Ronaldo right back no so why should Martinez play Barkley on the wing, sorry about the rant but my blood boils to see a player with such talent and skills played out of poistion its not like we have millions to go and buy great players we should make the best of the ones we do bring through, also Naismith was moved from his best poistion as well on saturday its know wonder we lost 3 nil again an half southampton side. a defeat again Stoke city on boxing day and Roberto will be really looking over his shoulder.

I don't think the positions of a couple of attackers was really to blame for us shipping 3 goals against Saints. It's not like he's being asked to play right back, is it? I think if we're playing players in their best positions, on form it would be tough to drop Naismith for Barkley. In terms of consistency, Naismith has been a lot better this season.

Not ideal but perhaps he wants younger players to play in various positions so they can interchange in future.

Issue is having no wingers on the pitch means barkley and eto'o naturally come in more central so we are effectively penned in with the full backs also nullified. We pass it around but can't break the opposition down who just flood the outside of their box so we end up having to pass back to the defence where they then press us high and we cock up.

It's amazing how that clown can't see it.

The issue with barkley is martinez said it will be 100 odd games before ross is played at CM where he was against QPR. Would he let his stubborness/ego get in the way of playing him there consistently at the expense of barry? I think so.

Basically another Martinez bashing thread.

You do feel all these things could go in the same one don't you?

I think its pretty clear nobody thought Barkley should be out wide on Saturday.

And to be honest he wasn't. Yes he was like wide of the 3 with Eto'o/Naismith middle/other wing. But that was the problem.

People saying they were 'on the wing' are wrong. I can't remember one time they were on the touch line. Or in a crossing position.

Every single time they were (all 3 most times!) on the edge of the box trying to get past a wall of Saints players.

The problem was that nobody was wide.

You do feel all these things could go in the same one don't you?

I think its pretty clear nobody thought Barkley should be out wide on Saturday.

And to be honest he wasn't. Yes he was like wide of the 3 with Eto'o/Naismith middle/other wing. But that was the problem.

People saying they were 'on the wing' are wrong. I can't remember one time they were on the touch line. Or in a crossing position.

Every single time they were (all 3 most times!) on the edge of the box trying to get past a wall of Saints players.

The problem was that nobody was wide.

They kept doing this and it doesn't work.

And please don't play Eto'o in midfield.

i think bobby is playing player's out of position to see how they adapt in different role's. martinez has written this season of in the premiership and going out full gun's for the uefa cup. he promised kenwright champion's league football and the only way at the moment is through the ueafa cup.

i think bobby is playing player's out of position to see how they adapt in different role's. martinez has written this season of in the premiership and going out full gun's for the uefa cup. he promised kenwright champion's league football and the only way at the moment is through the ueafa cup.

I don't see why he will think like this.

I personally think Martinez knows exactly what he is doing with his team selections etc. We will probably never quite be on the same wavelength but this man knows his stuff, and whilst it's frustrating to see the team struggling we have also performed quite admirably in the Europa league thus far.

Bobby can't be blamed for the likes of Howard/Jagielka flapping at the ball, or Baines failing to beat the first man on a corner.

The after christmas period of this season will be his true test, in how he can get the team performing in crucial knockout games whilst keeping us within touching distance of the top 6 or so. Then next season our signings will dictate where we are headed, I am almost certain many of the younger players will be at another level by this point

Status
Not open for further replies.