Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course two of those players are Lukaku and Mirallas or did they overlook that little point?
They dont count. They're misfiring internationals. I dont think I've seen Lukaku have a good game in a Belgian shirt. If I was RM I'd bench them and then laugh MY bollocks off at THEIR expense.

Funny how all these top nations and top players are buying into Roberto.

Maybe they see the man who created a PL football team practically on his own; won a major trophy in English football with a pub team; reopened the school of science at Everton and posted our best PL season ever, and even on the way out got us to a couple of cup semi finals?

Maybe they're not arsed about 50 odd kids holding up bed sheets with messages scrawled on them or the Echo hacks egging them on.

Maybe they saw a group of everton players down tools and stab the club and manager in the back last season and thought they were a bunch of no marks to take no notice of too?

I reckon that's it, to be honest.

You should've posted that after midnight Dave !

Maybe they see the man who created a PL football team practically on his own; won a major trophy in English football with a pub team; reopened the school of science at Everton and posted our best PL season ever, and even on the way out got us to a couple of cup semi finals?

Maybe they're not arsed about 50 odd kids holding up bed sheets with messages scrawled on them or the Echo hacks egging them on.

Maybe they saw a group of everton players down tools and stab the club and manager in the back last season and thought they were a bunch of no marks to take no notice of too?

Oooh here we f**ckin' go lads

He didn't do it on purpose though did he mate?

It's not like he thought "Oh ho, I'll go to that club and leave them in a weaker state" did he?

He came to Everton with the best of intentions

He fell short in the end, but he did his utmost to be a successful manager for us

I don't hate him for failing, I thank him for trying

Sadly, he had zero defensive nous and it ultimately cost him his job

Thankfully for him and Belgium, he usually did well in the Cups so I reckon he'll have Belgium in knock outs of the major tournaments

It's over a 38 game Premier League season where, as opposed to one season with us where he did well, it was clear that he was out of his depth

In a 8-10 match qualifying campaign, I reckon he'll do a decent job

It serves no purpose to carry around this hate for him, he doesn't deserve it. He appreciated that we were a big club, but he alas was not big enough to handle us. I respect him and wish him well
Mikey, I think Martinez is a very poor manager and a bullshitter of massive proportions. But you seem to be operating under the misconception I harbour enmity toward him as a person...I don't.

The less influence he has on the players the better so International management should suit him. I think Blertos main issue is he surrounds himself with sycophants and yes men and confuses criticism with negativity. Unbridled positivity in the face of reality is why he came across as never taking responsibility for poor performance, his process always just about to come good in his eyes. Lot of star players in Belgium and if they don't buy into him could be a rough ride.

The less influence he has on the players the better so International management should suit him. I think Blertos main issue is he surrounds himself with sycophants and yes men and confuses criticism with negativity. Unbridled positivity in the face of reality is why he came across as never taking responsibility for poor performance, his process always just about to come good in his eyes. Lot of star players in Belgium and if they don't buy into him could be a rough ride.

Concern for him has to be that he's not even starting from an even footing. Can you imagine what lukaku and mirallas have been saying to their teammates for the last two years??

Don't begrudge him the post though I am surprised.

I turned on RM in March - the West Ham and Arsenal games.

He lost the dressing room and while before that I think our poor form had been a mix of both players and manager, after that he showed himself to be as clueless as the 'plotters' feared all along.

Simply put, the man cannot organise a defence or a team in general.

However, on the international stage, he may well be able to get the best out of players who work with organised managers day-in and day-out - kind of like how he took over from Moyes in his first season here.

I wish him the best of luck.

International management is a part time non coaching job. Picking the team and motivating it is all it is really.

Hope he does well.

Think he is suited to short bursts of coaching that international football allows him.

This is it to be honest. You don't want to be with Martinez daily, you start to believe in his hyperbole. When the players go back to their clubs they will get in touch with reality again. Everything they do won't be phenomenal and by the time they meet up with Belgium again they won't be sloppy and unfit.

Behave.

The question was asked

'Seriously? Martinez has got the job'

The Belgian media answered

'It's all the Belgian FA could afford, he's on £950k per year. A third of what he was on at Everton'

Pay peanuts (in relative terms) you get monkeys.

That may come across as offensive, but I doubt many monkeys read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back