Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the highlights of last nights game vs Portugal, albeit brief, they seemed to show Belgium are going to suffer with Blertoitis. Defending too deep with no pressure on the ball. I'd fancy England to do 'em.

Yeah, catastrophe. Clean sheet against the European champions. They must be in turmoil.
This World Cup could be the rock his philosophy perishes on Dave. He'll never have a better group of players than this so if it doesn't work now it never will. Big pressure on Blerto.

This World Cup could be the rock his philosophy perishes on Dave. He'll never have a better group of players than this so if it doesn't work now it never will. Big pressure on Blerto.
He's only got to get the better of that divvy Southgate, so a Round of 16 is assured at least. QFs will be what the Belgians will see as acceptable. That'd give him the next EC to work toward. Personally I see Belgium as having a lot of good individuals (some very good). But if they get self belief they could put a run together to take them all the way to the SFs.

He's only got to get the better of that divvy Southgate, so a Round of 16 is assured at least. QFs will be what the Belgians will see as acceptable. That'd give him the next EC to work toward. Personally I see Belgium as having a lot of good individuals (some very good). But if they get self belief they could put a run together to take them all the way to the SFs.
No Dave. This is a once in a generation group of players capable, under the right leadership, of going all the way and that's what they should be aiming. QF would be a disaster and he should get hounded out if that's as far as he takes them.

No Dave. This is a once in a generation group of players capable, under the right leadership, of going all the way and that's what they should be aiming. QF would be a disaster and he should get hounded out if that's as far as he takes them.

SFs is the objective I would say. However, if they reach the QFs and go out to a tournament favourite in a close game, that would be acceptable and they could target Euro20 having made a staging post in this year's WC. Let's not forget that the overwhelming tournament favourites will be Spain and Germany. Belgium have some very good players playing in the top PL teams especially. But as a team they cant measure up to Spain. Germany are a machine and will just keep rolling to a SF berth. The two big South American nations will always be favourites of any WC. Belgium are with Argentina and Brazil on that level of hope and expectation for the WC.

Don’t think that is the case. Look at the players they got. If QFs is acceptable then that’s a low standard.

@davek

tenor.gif

Got bailed out there by a worldy.

Said it before and I’ll say it again, first good team these face they will be getting chased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back