2021/22 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate just because you got hoodwinked don’t assume we all did. He’s never been any better than average but obviously we never know contract details and all that. Extending his contract when they did would be fine but if there was a massive wage rise as is now being suggested then it was a massive mistake. I don’t remember hearing that he’d doubled his wage or whatever at the time but if I had I’d definitely have called it out because I’ve never had a good word to say about him.
Even with his wages doubled Holgate will still be the lowest paid of our senior squad. The only players on less will be Kenny and Gordon. Possibly Davies too.. not sure when his was last renewed. Don’t fret.

Even with his wages doubled Holgate will still be the lowest paid of our senior squad. The only players on less will be Kenny and Gordon. Possibly Davies too.. not sure when his was last renewed. Don’t fret.
If he’s on a contract where others can’t match his wages as is being reported then it’s a massive problem. He should be a saleable asset, if he isn’t because we’ve given him wages that he won’t give up then it’s an enormous error.

If he’s on a contract where others can’t match his wages as is being reported then it’s a massive problem. He should be a saleable asset, if he isn’t because we’ve given him wages that he won’t give up then it’s an enormous error.
Exactly, he on 64 grand a week, no team in Championship besides Fulham who wouldn't want him anyhow, would pay that much wages, average about 10 grand

According to salary sport.com his new contract went from 20 to 64 grand a week
That would surprise me if it were true. I've seen other reports saying he's on £40k. Who knows what to believe.

We've seen from James that the club leaks information to suit its own agenda . A lot of these wages reports are guesswork I think.

You can say that about 90% of our squad in fairness. Holgate is getting towards the top of our problems now but he's been low priority in the past. I'd still say there are 4 or 5 I'd get rid of before him and who are on much bigger wages.

That’s where I have to disagree, I think it was very much intended, (which in itself we need a bit more of in the squad), to me he made absolutely no attempt to mitigate the ‘follow through’ which basically made the VAR and ultimately the refs decision easy.
His trailing leg even came off the floor after he cleared it, turning it into the old ‘out of control’ . That alone signalled his intent. Could have quite easily changed the dynamic of the contact but went studs up instead.
Would have looked better and left more on Hojlberg if he’d pulled his foot back and clatted into to his lower leg with his knee / shin.
Worst thing he was guilty of was a terrible effort at being a snide and signalling his intent.

Yeah it was a daft tackle, I've got no real complaints

Just make you wonder how some of these characters actually make it so far in the game with such limited ability, his only asset being he is reasonably quick, ability on the ball is zero, decision making absolutely atrocious, yeah I'm not a fan lol

He had a lot of potential and in 19-20 was our best defender. He hasn't kept up that form and a move probably suits him best, but he was very good for us at times last season too.

Status
Not open for further replies.