Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s a beast. Plus he’s rapid. I know he has his critics but DCL, along with Holgate and Lookman could be fantastic players.

Totally agree. He’s been written off & given a hard time by far too many in our supposed fan base.

This kid will become a great player. Would not surprise me if he was England’s No. 9 at the next World Cup.

He might not be with us by then though sadly.

I have always believed Holgate has the potential to become an outstanding CB. Hopefully he will be given his chance this season.
Our only problem is finding a CB with sufficient experience to partner him, Jagielka has the experience but the question is whether he can continue to perform over a full season.
Williams has clearly succumbed to age, and Keane is a substandard slow liability who is already a lesser player than Holgate.

Totally agree. He’s been written off & given a hard time by far too many in our supposed fan base.

This kid will become a great player. Would not surprise me if he was England’s No. 9 at the next World Cup.

He might not be with us by then though sadly.

The club can't win with our fans. If we play our developing youth players then the players and the club get grief when the player has the inevitable periods of inconsistency. If however they arent played due to their patchy performances then the manager is criticised for ignoring the youth. If a youth player is sent out on loan to continue their development then suddenly they would have been crucial for the first team, and the club were mad to let them go.
Most of those criticising the club and young players see player development through the fifa filter as a linear improvement in a small collection of stats, rather than the complex management of a young adult and the many human factors that influence whether an individual will meet their potential.

100% mate.

A voice of reason in a sea of negativity.

The club can't win with our fans. If we play our developing youth players then the players and the club get grief when the player has the inevitable periods of inconsistency. If however they arent played due to their patchy performances then the manager is criticised for ignoring the youth. If a youth player is sent out on loan to continue their development then suddenly they would have been crucial for the first team, and the club were mad to let them go.
Most of those criticising the club and young players see player development through the fifa filter as a linear improvement in a small collection of stats, rather than the complex management of a young adult and the many human factors that influence whether an individual will meet their potential.

Not for sale thankfully.

Played at his preferred CB rather than makeshift RB and he’ll prosper here.
How often did he play with Keane last season? If I remember correctly, some of his (and our) best defensive form last season actually came when he paired up with Ashley Williams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back