Match Thread: Nyon vs Everton - Friday 14th July - 5pm GMT / 6pm Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ones who are good get through tactical plans as well. I went to the match against Arsenal last year. One side was getting ready to play real matches and one was just running to get the looks loose.
Which is the whole point of pre season friendlies, they aren’t taken seriously nor should they be, it’s about getting back up to speed playing, getting long term injuries some minutes under their belts and giving fans a cheaper option of going to see games outside of the domestic season

Ok, but we won today, so that means Dyche is a tactical master? right?
I honestly couldn’t watch. If he’s set the team up how he’s intending to set them up then I’m good with it, honest.

I don’t rate him still for a host of other reasons but at least that is good.

Which is the whole point of pre season friendlies, they aren’t taken seriously nor should they be, it’s about getting back up to speed playing, getting long term injuries some minutes under their belts and giving fans a cheaper option of going to see games outside of the domestic season
There is a certain level of seriousness you need to reach every single time the team goes out

There isn’t, literally the only game in pre season that gets taken in any way serious is the Community Shield, particularly if it’s between two title rivals
Go to the matches friend, this was not the case last summer. The serious teams took it serious and Everton did not.

Reactions: SJB

Crikey. Some very immediate conclusions being drawn about the squad, manager and season ahead after a “thanks for having us” friendly.

I’m a big believer in training and playing friendlies like is a cup final, if you get injured so be it. But in reality, you have one team (with a patchwork squad due to illness and injury) just trying to get some match minutes and avoiding injury at all costs, and another team playing the the most famous players they’ll ever see in person (plus Maupay). Always going to be a footballing abomination. If we’d have won 94-0 we’d have said it was a waste of time. Can’t win.

Go to the matches friend, this was not the case last summer. The serious teams took it serious and Everton did not.
You of all people telling me this is laughable, I went to every home friendly for as long as I was available to (work or holiday aside), neither side took it serious, no silly challenges just two sides getting fitness levels up

now can you photoshop him riding a unicorn on his way to battle pls.

IMG_3601.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.